“Probably Won't Stay Again”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Fergus Falls
Kansas City, Kansas
“Probably Won't Stay Again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I travel this region 3-4 times a year. I found this hotel on the internet and liked that it was located right off the highway. As a woman who travels on business alone I was very put off when I found that my hotel room door was open when I got to the room. I am sure that they thought this was a nice gesture, but the room was dark and it was 10:30pm when I checked in. The room across the hall from me was also open and it was dark as well. This made me very concerned about my safety. There was no security on the side doors so that anyone can enter at anytime and with the room door open it is a huge safety concern. I am not sure I will stay here again due to the this issue. The hotel was nice but the front desk did not know about a popular driving trail in this area and it took her 15 minutes to locate what I had asked about.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

From Check in, with the CLC Lodging card, staff continued with lies. With CLC corporate card we get 24 hours stay. 1st said quota was filled and couldn't honor contracted rate. lie. 2nd, when informed we planed on utilizing 24 hour stay, said no problem. lie. 3rd. Mentioned the 24 hour stay with morning staff and guy said OK. lie. As soon as I left, harassed my staff saying they were just going to take our belongings out of the room. Never called us. Manager refused to speak with me when I got back that evening and told front desk staff to call police if I did not leave immediately . 20-30 minutes before our luggage was even returned. Got outside and police were there. Manager then lies to CLC, corporate Comfort Inn. Worst staff at a hotel that I have ever had in my life. In my opinion, based on there actions, Horrible human beings. They don't want to honor the contract they signed and then want to take away my freedom because they would not honor the contract they signed. I thought lying to the police was against the law.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

First the pool/Hot tub area had the door open to the outside and the cotton wood filled the pool. I never touch the hot tub, heard that bugs and Spiders were in there along with alot of sand. Had patched holes all over the room. Not towels for the pool or work out room. Had to ask for them. Had to tell them that there was a diaper left on a table in the pool area. Air was not working in one of our groups rooms. It was very humid as well for her. Hallways were just as humid as outside. No elevator for my grandma :( Our whole group had king size rooms and all the room were different sizes. Not all of us had the same fridge. We were getting 'pushed' out of our rooms as the cleaning staff kept asking if/when we would be out of our rooms.

Not a great experience.

When the fire alarm went off at 2:30 AM, no one could tell us why it happened the next morning or did much of the staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Little Falls, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

If you just need a place to crash this will meet your needs. Hotel maintenance was poor and rooms where not finished(big gaps in ceiling sheet rock), whirlpool tub had black crud around jets, fridge was missing knob and froze everything, hot tub and ice machine where down. I would spend the money for another hotel in the area!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel unless your just looking to sleep and move on!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Bloomington, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Thank you to this Comfort Inn and friendly staff! Me and my family came and stayed a couple nights
because of a funeral, The Staff here was very helpful and helped me with everything, I called to get a couple extra blankets and pillows and they were there in like 10 seconds! I had a warm welcoming with a nice smile and they had great cookies and lemonade.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Columbiana, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Our stay was very comfortable! Our room was clean. The roomed seemed to have been renovated not that long ago. The breakfast was sufficient. It was standard, eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal. If you aren't happy with the offered breakfast there is a Perkin close by.. We would stay here again!

Room Tip: We had a king size room at the end of the hall. Very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Overflowing trash right in front, dirty, poorly maintained no hot water in hottub, overall poorest quality inn we've seen on our 2 week trip. I would reccomend passing on this hotel and find something else in the area.

• Stayed September 2012
Baymont Inn & Suites Wahpeton
Battle Lake Inn and Suites
Battle Lake Inn and Suites
#2 of 3 in Battle Lake

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!