“Charming ~ Good place for a break along I-94”

Mabel Murphy's Eating and Drinking Establishment
Ranked #6 of 45 Restaurants in Fergus Falls
Cuisines: American, Irish, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have visited Mabel Murphys for years. I always enjoy the scenery and the charming building.
Saturday, we ate in the pub, which is always fun. The football game was on, and great seating was available. However, the Bloody Mary was disappointing. The mix is not a good one. The chicken wings were very excellent. The onion rings were somewhat doughy. I will certainly go back, because normally we have a good experience here. It's a great stop if you are travelling from Mpls to Fargo. There isn't a lot of choices along the interstate west of Alexandria. Service is always good as well.

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Food was good had prim rib and shrimp. The fried shrimp was wonderful. The salad bar was ok but not anything to brag about just a small salad bar. Buns were cold. Layout was different but that made it nice. Front door not marked well have it would help but to say entrance or welcome on door.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stopped for a late lunch, Mable Murphy's was a nice surprise. Sat in the pub area as main dining room closes at 2p. Nice offering of traditional pub food and drinks.

Service was efficient and friendly, asked for suggestions and the waiter was able to give a top two suggestion that proved spot on.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I've never stopped here before on my way through Fergus, but I wanted a nice dinner for myself and my two young boys, since we were road tripping on our own. This has been the nicest meal on our whole 10 day trip! The pic of the salad bar was accurate, as that was a huge draw for me. They had two kinds of soup (chicken wild rice was fantastic) and the salad bar even included a deli meat sandwich making bar too! If I had known that, I wouldn't have ordered an entree, however, my son enjoyed sharing the fish with me. The highlight of the visit was the fabulous service: when she came to offer my son a candy after the meal (actually a mint), he embarassingly didn't like it right in front of her face. While we were packing up to go, she returned with a tiny, free chocolate sundae with a tiny dollop of whipped cream! How sweet is that! I was touched by her kindness, as you know she went in back and made that all up herself. I've told several of my friends about it since and I hope you all have as great of a visit as we did!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We like both lunch & supper here. The salad bar is a good addition to dinner. It's a popular place on weekends--get reservations. The walleye is my favorite. Service with a smile. Several separate diningrooms are fun.