“Major Problems”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was at this restaurant for the first time (and last) this evening. The first tip off was that the parking lot was empty, the place looked like it was closed. I was not quite sure the guy at the cashier counter worked there, or if he was there to empty the grease traps. It was 5 PM most of the food on the buffet looked as it had been sitting there since noon. Dried out or overcooked mushy meats, the lettuce was brown and sickly. Granted they were putting out new food on the buffet but the quality did not improve. The floor was wet gross around the soda machine...it is difficult to find any redeeming qualities about the place. Well the hot chocolate was ok, but at $10.50 you would be better off at eating at a gas station. Save your money and save your digestive system.

4  Thank AdamH745
There are newer reviews for Lakes Country Buffet

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Well first of all I bragged this place up to family members so on Saturday early evening decided it was time to take them there we showed up at 6:50 p/m. There were 6 people in the restaurant. The service worker came out and took our money and said nothing more.. We got our silverware which by rights should not be located where it is.. and began.. well we started walking along the buffet tables and thought where is the food.. most of what was in the containers was dried up and needed to be replaced with fresh. There were no mashed potatoes and I mean we were there until 7:30 and still no potatoes.. I asked them when they planned on filling ..reply we are working on it.. I said okay.. but notta ,, never did a they come out till we prepared to leave.. you were asked if you wanted prime rib.. I said yes ..how would you like it, I say MR , what do I get an end cut.. come on.. then the aujus was a joke it was grease liquid from the bottom of what ever it was cooked in. AWFUL!!!! the fish was now fish chips.. burnt up .. the enchilada was burnt and so dry you could not get it out of the pan.. there were about 5 pieces of chicken, legs and thighs.. and none of this was ever brought out... there were about 4 BBQ ribs in the pan and finally at 7:15 some of those were brought out.. now the salad bar that was a real joke ... there was very little lettuce and asked them to bring more out so we could make salad. NEVER did that... the carrots were white.. the cucumbers were dried up.. and then we have dessert ...OH wait what dessert there were 3 pieces of some kind of cheesecake ... wow what a choice.. and all this for a mere $10.00, go figure... I have pictures I plan on posting on facebook as soon as I have spoke to the owners to let them know what is going to transpire. Please if you do decide to go to this place to eat, BEFORE you pay the money honey .. go and check out the food... I was sincerely disappointed.

2  Thank bleueyes_50
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The food here has always been hot never cold and i have shown up various times of day! Everything made my tastebuds want more. Nothing on the food display looked out tasted water diwn and the mac and cheese is to die for. My kids and i love it there. Good food. I have noticed a huge change in the last month the woman that seemed to b intoxicated is no longer there and now the tables are cleaned right away infact now when your done with your first plate its gone before you return! That would of been my only complaint but it seems as though management took care of the problem.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Let me just start by saying "there was a hair sticking out of the shrimp" i took it to the owner he said hair is edible. I'm not picky when it comes to food, if i didn't like it it really must be horrible. the food looked days old, ribs over cooked. the gravy was so thick it seemed to hold on to the spoon, not any gravy i've ever eaten. The tables were dirty at three tables had dried up food on them, there was black fuzz or dust on the first plate i took from the stack. the silver ware tray was right in front of the cash register. not a good spot for it, also dirty silverware. food on the chairs i had to wipe it off before sitting. ( A WASTE OF 26.00 go else where) i guess i should have known it was going to be bad there was only 2 cars in the parking lot. YUCK

1  Thank Lisa V
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The food is hot. The place looks clean. service was good. Would very likely to return. I don't understand the others negatives. But i guess there intitled to there own opinions.