“A Night At Fergus Falls”
Review of Motel 7

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fergus Falls
Motel 7
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Fergus Falls
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed one night at Motel 7 on our trip to fergus fall. The service was awesome .The price was very fair Our room had Flat screen hd tv and nice heat . The Microvave and Refrigerator were very clean. Its a preety Cozy place. I personally love this place and will come back again next winters

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Shay d

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Nothing special here but it is a cheap place to crash for the night. The person checking me in wasn't friendly just businesslike. The room had a refrigerator and microwave. The rooms are dated (A Montgomery Ward brand microwave! How old must that be?). I did appreciate having internet service. I would have liked an interior lock or chain. The door lock and dead bolt are both accessed by a key from the outside. Also my key was only for the door lock not the dead bolt. The room was generally clean but I did notice a build up of dust in the corners. There was a heavy smell of cooked food that never went away. Nothing terrible but certainly not great either. However, it was at least $40 cheaper than the other options.

Room Tip: Avoid those closest to the office if you don't want to hear yelling children.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank TravelswithDave
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Late in the evening, looking for a clean place to stay that wasn't overly priced. Found it in Motel 7. The check in was easy, the clerk was very nice. Seemed to want to give us the best deal. Motel room was clean, and breakfast was served in the small lobby. We opted to go to MCD's for breakfast. No complaints with this motel.

Room Tip: You may have to look for this. Not out front with the other motels in the area
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank louisshowalter
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My sister had put my family up at this motel and frankly when I was pulling up I thought my sister must not like me anymore. Well, nothing could be further from the truth! The outside doesn't look like much and the name sent chills down my spine... The rooms are dated but very clean and comfortable, the staff are very friendly and kind, a lot of restaurants within walking distance, right off the interstate but not much road noise, the breakfast was basically a danish tray, and the price is a great value. Yes, I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Diamond in the rough! Not bad at all for the money!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank TimeToDrive
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The first time our family was ever asked to pay more than $100 for a standard room was not in New York or San Francisco, but in Fergus Falls. (This was years ago.) Ever since, we've associated the town with high lodging prices, and not much seems to have changed. This time, though, thanks to TripAdvisor, we came across Motel 7, which cost us only $60 including tax - plus $10 for our small dog. The room was clean and spacious (though the bathroom was small); the air conditioning worked well; there was wireless internet in the room (though we didn't use it), also a small fridge. They made no pretence at breakfast (except for some sugary danishes), but they did have coffee available all the time. The only drawbacks we found were a very slow sink in our particular room, and a smell of smoking in the corridors; the room itself was non-smoking and, although it took a while, the air conditioner did remove any traces of smoke (and I'm very sensitive to such things). All in all, I'd certainly stay here again if passing through town and looking for somewhere convenient (close to the highway) and very reasonably priced. I wouldn't stay there for a second honeymoon or if my employer was paying, but Motel 7 is more than adequate for clean, straightforward accommodation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank botafogoblogger
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Due to unforeseen circumstances we found ourselves looking for a room in Fergus Falls at 10PM. The only room we found (under $130) was at the Motel 7. For $59 we slept comfortably in a clean, quiet, albeit dated room.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank Craig S
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel seems small and quaint from the outside but the rooms are very big and spacious. The desk guy was very nice and was fast to bring us extra pillows. The room was very clean and I think they upgraded us to a suite because it was so big with a pull out couch. Breakfast is only danishes and coffee but the lobby is so small, we didn't expect much. For the price it was well worth the stay if you are just looking for a room for the night. If you want amenities though, this isn't the place

• Stayed: May 2013