“Great for non-foodies”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Lakeville, Minnesota
“Great for non-foodies”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I tried the Farmington Steak House with my wife the other day, and we both enjoyed it. We aren't foodies who have to have designer meals that are themed and beautifully plated. It's a good thing, too, because if we were more particular about our meals we probably wouldn't have enjoyed FSH so much. What we do enjoy is down home, good tasting food at reasonable prices, and that is what we got. For a total of $25, we each received large steak fillets (mine came with shrimp), baked potatoes, soup, Texas toast, drinks, and dessert. I can eat a lot, and I was quite full when we left, and my wife didn't come close to finishing. We actually ordered two of the more expensive meals on the menu, as there were other options (gyros, ribs, the daily steak special) that were significantly less. Quantity aside, the food was very tasty and served pretty quickly. I have no complaints about the food whatsoever.

The atmosphere is very small-town. You go through the line with your tray, cafeteria-style. You place the order, assemble your own salad or scoop your own soup, and pay that then end of the line where they hand you your entree. The staff are very nice and want you to be happy. Seating is also cafeteria-style, with small tables along the walls and large, community seating in the middle of the room. Dress code is non-existent. Come as you are.

I'm guessing we were the only first-timers in the restaurant that night, as I think this is the kind of place where locals go frequently. I can see why. Just writing this review is making me hungry, and now I want to go back soon. I think I will.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank CAChris33

“Owners and family are the cooks! 30 years”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I take everyone here. Best restaurant I've every been to. Awesome place great family !There is no portion control here.! I don't know how they make money because everything is so cheap

• Visited April 2013
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“LUV HIS PLACE”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We frequent the Steakhouse and always enjoy ourselves. The food is good and generous with amazing prices. The best thing though is the wonderful Greek hospitality. You are "Sweetie" or "Honey" everytime you walk in the door. I was touched by 2 little girls who came in alone with $5.00 and wanted an order of fries. They were given a dinner plate loaded with fries and $4.00 in change given back. They proceeded to a table and enjoyed their treat. Im sure that is not the normal price for an order of fries, but just sweet. Good Gyros. Had Sirloin lunch plate for $3.00 and some change including a baked potato and soup or salad and Texas toast. Family run and owned. Steak dinners from $7.00 to 10.00 depending on cut. Its not Ruth Crist, but is a great deal for what you get. We miss Pete though. Oh yeah, bring cash. No cards.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank luvgoodstuff
Northfield, Minnesota
“Our Favorite!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We try to stop here every time we pass through Farmington, at least once a month. And we take visitors too every chance we get because the place is so unbelievable: friendly and speedy service, homey atmosphere, huge portions, and a steak dinner for little more than you'd spend for a burger basket at a fast food place.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank dgauss
“Small-town style, prices from the past”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

When you step into the Farmington Steak House, you truly feel you are visiting a by-gone era of small town life. The food is served cafeteria-style, with huge steaks grilled right in front of the customers, often by the owner or his wife. The steak is served with choice of soup or salad, a massive baked potato, and fresh grilled Texas Toast. An array of pies and baklava rounds out your meal, along with a good cup of coffee or glass of fresh milk. The prices are those of a by-gone era as well, with the typical meal costing less than $8. In addition to steak, they also serve fresh fried fish and shrimp, grilled chicken, pork chops, and their famous chopped steak lunch special. The Farmington Steak House is simple, unpretentious, and satisfying.

• Visited March 2012