“Cigarette smoke, curry and diesel.”

Americas Best Value Inn - Faribault
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Faribault
Tucson, Arizona
“Cigarette smoke, curry and diesel.”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

If these olfactory sensations are your idea of a good time book this place. Their website doesn't quite tell the story. The Inn is part of a truck stop. Once I checked in at 8:00 PM and opened the curtains it looked like a Mack Truck, Peterbuilt rally in the lot behind the Inn.
I hopped in the car to grab dinner at a local pub and asked the bartender what a desperate traveler should do. She set me up at a local B & B. Once that arrangement was sealed I drove back and checked out without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, it was very nice, clean, and lovely spacious room. We found all staff very helpful and spoke good English. they give us a very good rate. I love that!, hotel located away from traffic so is quiet. room is clean, comfortable beds and linens ,newly renovated, I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: up rooms on 1st floor are quit and comfortable bed
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dham b
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Since we were truly only going to sleep at the hotel/motel, I didn't want to pay a lot. The front desk person was friendly and our room was very clean. It was a quiet hotel which allowed us a good night's sleep. The free breakfast was very simple, but the coffee was hot and there was instant oatmeal, so we were satisfied. After checking out, it was an easy jaunt to Interstate 35.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank jaynegs
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I booked six rooms here while traveling with a group by motorcycle, my heart dropped upon arrival realizing I booked this location when I thought I was taking the group to the Zumbrota location that I stayed at a year ago with a positive experience.

I stayed positive and hoped for the best even though from the exterior this place looks pretty run down. Check in was handled fairly quickly although several of our group had to return to the desk after check in as their keys didn't work. Once in the room I was actually fairly pleased as it was clean and relatively modern so I breathed a sigh of relief. The common areas of the hotel are quite run down and appear to see little maintenance.

Over dinner one of the members of our group asked a few others if their smoke detectors were normal in their rooms and then explained his was completely covered with duct tape. Coincidentally at 2:30 in the morning we were awakened by the fire alarm going off, so I'm going to guess it's a fairly common practice for folks to tape up the smoke heads in these rooms and smoke in the non smoking rooms.

Overall even though the room was clean I'll likely look elsewhere due to the other appearances and issues.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Faribault hotels

Cottonwood
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. Nice oversized desk for the business traveler. Updated bedding and beds are very comfortable. Right off the highway with restaurants nearby. Staff is very friendly and very helpful!! Perfect location for the business or leisure traveller.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Tammy H
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay. This was our second experience with America's Best Value Inns. Both were excellent. Very nice and clean room that was well furnished. The rates are also quite reasonable. We would stay here again if our travels brought us out this way.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank jonbkat
springfield, mo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

clean, accepts pets(for a nominal additional charge), qiuet, unstocked frig in room, cable tv, coffeemaker, entry through lobby(made me feel safer), nice area behind the parking lot for walking the dog, great directions to the faribault cheese company and they accept aarp and aaa discounts. i'll stay there next year when i go to northern wisc. i wasn't looking for the ritz, but i got the very cheap equivalent. and the smell others complained about? i love the smells of indian cuisine, so so this wasp grandmother thought it smelled great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Faribault
Days Inn Faribault
Archer House River Inn
Archer House River Inn
#2 of 5 in Northfield
Baymont Inn & Suites Owatonna

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Faribault? Share your experiences!