“One-night stay in Faribault” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boarders Inn & Suites Faribault, MN

Boarders Inn & Suites Faribault, MN
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Faribault
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“One-night stay in Faribault”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Our family enjoyed a brief, one-night stay with a group of friends in Faribault. Hotel was clean, neat and convenient. The staff was very helpful and accommondating to our group. Comfortable sitting area in lobby for conversation, enjoyed some pool-side time while kids soaked and sweated in sauna and typical continental breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AAFbltGM, General Manager at Boarders Inn & Suites Faribault, MN, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the AmericInn in Faribault, Mn, and also, thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor!

I am very glad to hear that, although it was a short stay, you were able to enjoy your time here with your group of friends! We take pride in being able to consistantly provide a clean hotel to our guests, and also in our staff, who take pride in their job and truly care about making our guests stays the best they can be!

Good conversation with good friends can quickly turn any weekend into a great weekend, and I am happy to hear that you were able to use our comfortable lobby to chat, and that you were also able to enjoy poolside time watching your kids have fun in our pool!

We hope to have you stay with us again in the near future!

Kristine Ulrich
AmericInn Hotel & Suites, Faribault

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel a few times a year for over 20 years. Our last stay at Christmas 2012 was disappointing. The bedding is getting worn The blankets and bedspread are faded and very thin for a Minnesota winter. We had to run the extremely noisy heating unit all night to stay warm as the bedding was insufficient. The upholstered chairs were dirty in our room. Hallways and public areas were not cleaned during our stay. Additionally the hotel rents out the pool and "breakfast" room to outside groups so we were unable to use these spaces.

The breakfast has really gone down in quality. You get biscuits and gravy three of five week days! Hard boiled eggs were at least 2-3 days old as they were of a rubbery consistency. the breakfast area was dirty.

The hotel staff remain very friendly and helpful and two papers are available daily -- which is wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the back side of the hotel. It faces a residential street. Stay away from the South E...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I thought this hotel wasn't bad. My room was clean and the beds were comfortable... My wife and I stayed here and both enjoyed our stay... If I am ever passing through here again I would come back and stay...

• Stayed November 2012
Glenview, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have stayed here in the past, mostly back when it was brand new, and read some reviews that made me a little nervous about having booked here before reading the reviews. It is not as bad as some have made it out to be, although I certainly wouldn't discount their experience as I was not there to refute it. However, when I arrived today to check in it looked like the same hotel, it was quiet and clean. The young lady at the front desk seemed a little under trained and unsure of herself, she asked for a credit card for billing. I asked if it was for incidentals since I had previously paid online through the AmericInn website and she got a little shaky in her voice when she answered me. She was also unaware I had brought my dog even though I indicated online I would be bringing her with. She was pleasant albeit nervous and unsure sounding when I questioned her about the billing and dog, but in all honesty she answered my questions and ultimately I can show I paid already so it's really not a big deal in the scheme of things. The room was clean and comfortable and everything was in working order, I really have no complaints as long as I don't pay twice for my stay and the breakfast is decent.

• Stayed November 2012
Minot, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

3 of us stayed in this hotel on our way to a music festival in MN on sept 5th we came in late and tired and were greeted by a super friendly staff. there was an older woman with salt and pepper hair and a young woman training. both were awesome!!!! the hotel was clean, quiet, and comfy. keep up the good work.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Battle Ground, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Another good experience with AmericInn. The rooms are very quiet (as advertised) and I totally appreciate that. However, there was a cicada outside my window all night (not the hotel's fault!!). The bed/mattress was very comfortable which resulted in a very restful and good night's sleep. The breakfast was comparable to any other hotel I've visited. The only problem I had (broken lightbulb) was resolved quickly and with a smile. Great stay at a good hotel! While I did not use the pool or exercise room, they looked very nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

My family and I recently stayed at this AmericInn and at another in Owatonna,MN. This looked like a new hotel, and we were happy with the amenities overall. The rooms are large and nicely decorated, and the hotel was pet friendly. It had a very nice pool area with a hot tub and sauna. The free breakfast was also good. The Owatonna location needed some renovation and was about $15 more a night.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank yknot65
Also consider these accommodations in or near Faribault
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Faribault
Archer House River Inn
Archer House River Inn
#2 of 5 in Northfield
No photo provided

Been to Boarders Inn & Suites Faribault, MN? Share your experiences!