“VERY loud again”

Boarders Inn & Suites Faribault, MN
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Faribault
Reviewed November 12, 2011

This is our third stay at the AmericInn and our last. We checked in and our room did not have the fireplace that was advertised on Expedia. They switched our room with no problem, but the room they switched us to was right above the pool exit. I understand that there is going to be some noise with kids surrounding the pool area. However, at 12:45 there was still screaming and running in the lobby. The pool had been closed for almost two hours. I did not call the front desk because the screaming was right in front of the front desk. This is the third time there has been extensive noise at this location. The time before this a set of parents associated with a high school sport team got really drunk and the husband locked his wife out from the inside. The wife kept banging on the door trying to get in. We called the front desk starting at around 1:00 am. Finally at 3:00 am the front desk finally sent someone up to help get the door open. Not one apology from anyone. I complained this morning, but I really do not think that they get it. We will be spending our 130.00 at a hotel that gives a darn about their customers!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JeanA368

Reviewed July 11, 2011

Stayed here when traveling through. For the price it is hard to beat, but here are some comments.

Front desk lady could not have been nicer, layout of property very logical. This is a no frills place, but also met all of our needs. The pool area has a nice wood ceiling, a sauna which will give you a great roast if you want, some games along with a hot tub. Parking is free and the location, near the main road, is convenient to most everywhere you might need to go. As far as the rooms go, the bathroom is Very small, and the AC unit needs to be messed with to keep it on continuously. TV was fine as were beds, but room smelled slightly off upon entering, a bit like stale B.O. (everyone agreed). This was surprising given the otherwise nice condition of the place. We opened the windows eventually it reduced, but never went totally away. It was not so bad that it bothered our ability to sleep, but we were far too busy to complain, regather all of our stuff, go back to the desk, wait for resolution, get another room, re-park the car, then drag all of our stuff the the new room, then hope for something better. If they were not sold out, I am sure they would have given us another room, but don't they check for obvious stuff like that weird odors?? Breakfast was more than adequate, cereal, waffles, juice, coffee. If in the area again, would be willing to consider giving them another visit.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2010

The hotel employees were very friendly and courteous. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. Wonderful experience!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2010

I would like to say that this was one of the best Hotels that I have stayed in. The staff was very professional and helpful. I found the room to be very clean. I would recommend this to my co-workers in the future for many more business trips. Thanks to all, you made our stay worth while

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank sherrysjuly
Reviewed March 2, 2010

My husband and I were in town for a Golf Tournament. This hotel was quick at check in, quiet at night to sleep, clean rooms and pool area and the breakfast was great!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mmhooper
Reviewed February 6, 2010

We were very impressed by our high quality experience at the AmericInn in Faribault. The room was very clean and quiet, and had a nice updated look. The wireless internet worked like a charm and the shower was nice and warm. The best of the stay was the excellent continental breakfast provided in the morning, complete with a belgian waffle maker! We will definitely consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Historic_C
Reviewed February 16, 2009

Friendly greeting at the front desk, where there were freshly baked cookies. Free coffee was near-by in the lobby and was available around-the-clock (although you also have a coffee maker in the room). The lobby is a comfortable seating area I actually could imagine spending time in, although I never got the chance. The free computer there allowed me to check my emails, all I had time for. My room was spacious and neat. The bathroom was perfectly clean. I was happy to find that the tub was large enough to bathe in. So many places are making the tubs miniature, to save water, I imagine, but that was not the case here. My room was quiet; even the heater operated silently. In the morning, the complimentary breakfast was served in a clean and attractive breakfast room, not in the lobby. Two different morning newspapers were in a rack there for you to pick up and take with you. All in all, a far better experience than I expected based on other reviews I've read here. In fact, I have never written a review before and wouldn't have bothered this time except I was amazed at how negative some of the others are. I am certain that 99 per cent of customers here go away refreshed and happy.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank justbon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Faribault
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Faribault
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 8 in Owatonna
Baymont Inn & Suites Owatonna

Been to Boarders Inn & Suites Faribault, MN? Share your experiences!