“Wonderful salad and pizza”
Review of Cheese Cave

Cheese Cave
Ranked #8 of 59 Restaurants in Faribault
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Owatonna, Minnesota
“Wonderful salad and pizza”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My husband and I joined friends for an early dinner and all the food was wonderful. The salad with the pears on it was really good and their pizza is always great too. My husband loves their grilled cheese.....very unique and you can pick the cheese you want. When they are busy the service is a little slow because they only have a couple people working but the food is worth the wait.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank CardanW

Hutchinson, Minnesota
“Not fancy, but elegantly simple and surprisingly delicious!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

We just happened to be traveling through Fairbault when it was time for lunch. Instead of eating at the obvious fast food restaurants, we checked Trip Advisor and Cheese Cave was #1, so we went!

Physically, the restaurant is small and the front half of the room is a cheese store. There is a bar which is used for pouring drinks and food prep, so you get plenty of opportunity to interact with the friendly and knowledgeable waitstaff. The business is housed in a lovely old building, which makes a trip out in the hall to the bathroom worthwhile.

The menu is rather small and, as you might expect, built to showcase cheese. As an appetizer, we had a plate with a variety of cheeses, craisins, bread, a spicy hot berry jam, and almonds. It was delicious. My husband ate the grilled cheese sandwich, which appeared to be actually grilled (and not griddled), and was also very nice. I had a pear salad, which was delicious. This was probably too much food for two people, but somehow we made it through! For dessert, we took home a slice of blue cheese cheesecake. I'm glad I tried it, but I can't see myself ordering it again. It tastes like... just how you would think it tastes! Overall, I would describe the food as simple combinations of high-quality ingredients that gives a fairly elegant result. It was really just the kind of thing I enjoy.

The site also offers beer and wine. I can't comment on the beer, but I found the wine selections interesting and quite good, for my limited understanding of wine. I have the impression that, since they can't stock many wines, they have put a lot of thought into the wines that they do carry.

The servers were knowledgeable, speedy, and polite but not standoffish. We had a great time and will come back if we're ever driving through Faribault at mealtime again!

• Visited June 2014
Faribault, Minnesota
“Unique Bar-Restaurant with great food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Cheese Cave offers sandwiches, soups and salads, plus free cheese tasting. In my opinion it offers the highest quality food in Faribault. The food served here is outstanding in flavor, presentation and the cost is reasonable. The atmosphere is relaxed and casual. The Cheese Cave offers many unique cheeses from around the world and they let you sample it for free. They also offer cheese sampler platters for snacking. The Cheese Cave has a large 50" TV as well.
Great food, great drinks and an awesome bar!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank traveljunky61
Faribault, Minnesota
“Excellent service / quality food!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I am a local and love to visit the Cheese Cave on my lunch hours. The service (Jake) is excellent and the restaurant has a nice atmosphere. They have excellent soup, salads, sandwiches and pizzas. Only wish they had more cheesy soups (especially in the winter) - maybe a bread bowl of soup on the menu?? Nice place, nice people!

• Visited February 2014
Genoa, Illinois
“Delicious”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful food. Unexpected delight in downtown Faribault. The cheese is amazing. Service was a little slow when they got a little busy but overall a great place.

• Visited December 2013