“Have a local beer and nibble the great cheese!”
Review of Cheese Cave

Cheese Cave
Ranked #9 of 59 Restaurants in Faribault
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Cheese! Beer! Excellent service. The young lady who served me was both enthusiastic and knowledgeable about cheese and local events.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Who would have thought Faribault, MN would have one of the best cheese shops in the U.S.? Apparently, the city has renowned caves nearby where they age the cheeses.

I would have expected this store to have been in Martha's Vineyard, Santa Fe or Napa. I admit that I am really simple when it comes to cheese, but found this place and the staff a rare find. Long story short, we left 45 minutes later with $60 of cheese that will not go uneaten. I will be back for more very soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Wine and cheese in Faribault? You betcha. The best part of this little tapas place is the people behind the counter. So helpful and knowledgeable. Generous with the samples, explaining what cheese to use with what occasion. You have to try St. Mary's grass fed gouda. Delicious. The atmosphere is midwest chic with small bar area and high top tables offering beer on tap and wine. They have specialty pizzas too with some excellent bulk balsamic and olive oil. Gift shop This is an retail "oasis" for the historic sandstone Caves of Faribault home to blue veined cheese made from cow's milk that is handmade in open vats and aged in sandstone caves. But they offer more choices than blue cheese. Cheese Cave is owned by the Swiss Valley Farms of Davenport Iowa.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I love the individuals that are selling you the cheese. You get to try a sliver before buying and they give you ideas of what to pear it with. I can't eat "highly processed" cheese so this is a real treat for me! Their white cheddar and cranberry is out of this world!

Reviewed March 8, 2012

My fiance and I stopped by the Cave because we had heard rave reviews about it. Funny thing is, it didn't hit me until I walked through the door that 'hello, I don't even like cheese.' But my fiance does, and I chose this place with him in mind.
I enjoyed the decor in the Cave. Very modern. The sfaff made you feel welcome, and the guy cutting cheese was very informative about his product.
I did not enjoy the cheese. But I still had fun trying it out with my fiance, who enjoyed it very much. We bought a couple small chunks, totally about $12 dollars.