“All you need”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Faribault
San Francisco, California
“All you need”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Excellent value and friendly staff. Room well appointed and very clean. We have stayed here twice and found it nearly perfect. Anytime we have had questions about the local area the staff have helped us. I'd recommend this hotel to any family.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BaeMse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Indianapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

We were at this hotel for a wedding and were very pleased with the staff, our room, breakfast, and the playground for the kids. Everything was very clean and in good repair. It was a very nice experience and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Janice T
Fargo, ND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

I loved everything about this place! I had a suite with a kitchenette, good sized living area, and bedroom. My view was of road construction but who cares, I was there to work. My room was clean, quiet, and restaurants were nearby. My only complaint was just one treadmill in the exercise room. Otherwise, great place!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank suzb_00
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

My daughter started school close to this hotel earlier this year and saw this hotel was highly rated. Tried it several times after hearing other parents say they recommend GrandStay. It's the same problems every time we stay there - literally the worst maid service I've seen (dirty towels and toenail clippings on the floor), rooms that are literally five feet from cars parking, and dishes left in the dishwasher (GrandStay claims they do this to ensure the dishes are clean...I don't like doing dishes, much less when I walk into a hotel room). They only put one soap for the entire bathroom and never even replenished it for a 3 night stay despite us using it for the sink and shower. We've also asked not to be put on the first floor since it's so close to the parking lot, but they continued to do it and refused to move us to another room.

Customer service seems to be the furthest thing from mind. When I complained to the asst. mgr., Kerry, she seemed to take personal offense. I'm a Hilton Diamond Elite guest and would never experience this attitude. I really wish Hilton would build a property in Faribault and hope they are listening. If GrandStay can do well there, Hilton would rule!

Room Tip: Avoid GrandStay, Better hotels that appreciate your business in Burnsville
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Llama C
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

Perfect for a business overnight. Large suite w/two flat screens, kitchenette if needed, and well lit bathroom. Breakfast was very good and location is right off the interstate (take the northern exit, it's closer.) Definitely would stay again.

Room Tip: King suite was very comfortable
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank boltsnnuts
Tucson, AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times - very nice hotel - lots of room - clean - very nice beds - friendly staff - not too bad of a discount breakfast ... now for the down side out of my 3 stays on two I had nose problems. Once I was placed next to the elevator which was very loud. And another time (just last night) a large diesel truck backed in right below my window (room 210) in the handicapped space. at 5:30AM the truck was started and warmed up for 30 minutes until 6AM. This vibrated me awake and I could smell faint exhaust. As I complained later I was told they often parked there so they could access the electrical outlet for the cooling on the truck.

Very nice hotel but if you want to sleep avoid rooms beside the elevator and watch out for the "Heggies Pizza" Truck parked out front - if so avoid room 210 (and those above and below)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank El_Terribleeee
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

Clean, comfortable, room not far from Minneapolis. Decent breakfast. Reasonable price. Basically, a 2 bedroom furnished apartment for an entire family to stay together.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Stretchhawks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Faribault
Boarders Inn & Suites Faribault, MN
Days Inn Faribault
Days Inn Faribault
#3 of 5 in Faribault
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Owatonna
Baymont Inn & Suites Owatonna
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Northfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Northfield

Been to GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Faribault? Share your experiences!