“Need to make adjustments in food and service”
Review of Stouts Pub

Stouts Pub
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We have eaten here several times and I have noticed a slight decline each time. On Sunday, kids eat free. I am not sure of the age cut off. Mimosas and Bloody Marys were $3 until 3:00. My daughter ordered the 3 piece cod fish and chips for $11.95. The batter was really thick so she tried to peel it off and eat just the cod. I ordered the patty melt with coleslaw for $9.95. The coleslaw was not edible in my opinion. It was loaded with caraway seed and that was all I could taste. One bite and I was done. Our waitress was quite lazy. I had to remind her that I wanted water. She never came over and asked if everything was ok. My ice tea and my daughter's water were never refilled. I told her about the coleslaw and she said "ok". Would I go back? Probably not....

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We had a TERRIBLE waitress. The waitress would constantly ignore our needs, going up to every other table twice before she would pay us any attention. Our drinks were sitting empty for the longest time, and when we had finished our meal, we sat there for 20 minutes waiting for her to swing by with the bill or even ask us if we wanted desert. We tried to catch her twice, but she ignored us. After a while we were all literally staring at her, so you would think that she would understand that we wanted her attention, but no. We even discussed going up to the bar and asking if we could pay up there so we could leave. After 20 minutes we decided she was never going to bring us the bill, so we finally caught her as he was rushing by us once more and asked for it. We counted at least 5 times she walked by our table during that 20 minutes. When we finally asked for our bill, we waited another 10 minutes for it to be delivered (after she delivered some condiments and refilled drinks at the tables around us), and another 7-10 minutes for her to run our cards - in fact I remember having a sinking feeling that she may have ran off with our credit cards or was off somewhere copying them, because I didn't see her anywhere, and she was taking the longest I have ever experienced someone running two credit cards. (I'm sure this didn't happen - but the length of time it took, caused me to start wondering just what was going on.)

The meals were overpriced, and nothing special. I had the lamb stew or something like that - it was very average mashed potatoes (mashed potatoes are my thing - I try them everywhere and expect them to be good) with a mess of stew poured over the top. It was all right, but average compared to similar meals I've had elsewhere. My boyfriend ordered the Fish and Chips - this is a dish that he orders everywhere we eat out, and he wasn't impressed. The couple we dined with ordered a peperoni pizza, which they said was alright, but greasy and over priced.

This was out first time at this restaurant, and we were not impressed in the least.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Within walking distance of this pub I am a bit biased. This used to be the Chianti Grill which moved up Snelling. The same owner opened this pub. Great beer selection on tap. Fired oven pizza. Great au jus sandwiches. Good soup and sandwich business lunch joint and great evening hangout as long as you are not on a diet! TIP: If you sit at the bar at noon and order a sandwich entree your beer is on the house! If you come Friday night parking can be a bit tight so come early!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stopped because it was close and we were hungry. The service staff was very good and friendly. Got us seated right away, even tho the place was quite full. Lamb stew was excellent as well as the sausage and mash. The mashed potatoes were homemade, with some skins and small chunks - very good.
Bathroom was clean but parking is tight. Overall a great place to eat and if we get back we will stop there again.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

previous 3 visits we had little charlies. they are delicious tenderloin sandwiches .
small but worth the price.
to our disappointment they have become smaller.
still very good but not worth the price.