Holiday Inn Fairmont
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$144
$71
$99
$93
$85
$95
Super 8 St. James(Saint James)
$75
$59
$84
$140
$66
All reviewsrapid citypool arearestaurant attachedfront desksioux fallsnice bathroomstayed here for two nightsrooms were very cleanbusiness triphot tubwould stay here againvery nice hotelsdinterstatehallwaypoolsideinns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Stopped at the Hotel in January - A good Front Desk Reception , Helpfull Staff ,Bar that was Ok ...But I'm sorry about the rest.

This is my own opinion based on a weeks stay - i admitt that its based on one bedroom - but talking to business colleagues the other rooms are the same or worse.

As a business traveller i want from a Hotel, Clean Rooms , Well maintained Bathrooms, somewhere to rest of an evening watching a decent tv + free wifi ...Oh and a decent place to eat.

Hallways -Carpets need reoplacing - decor restyled -dramaticaly

Bedroom - OH Dear Carpets years past the sell by date , lights dim -giving the room a dark and dingie feel ( like a place to lie low in a 50's gangster movie) -sorry the room was also dusty in the corners.

Also soundproofing ....do you have any?

Heating - have you ever watched Fawltey Towers ...have a look at one of the episodes on UTube ..very heating -wore a beanie hat in bed.

Had Breakfast the first day very average...

The Hotel and function room was busy at least 3-4 nights out of the 7 i stayed so it can not be that the hotel isnt making Money -So why doesnt the Chain spend Money on it and fit it out correctly? thats the least they could do to give the staff a chance!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
TorgersonProperties, Manager at Holiday Inn Fairmont, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

Thank you very much for your kind words about our staff! At the same time, please accept our apologies. In reading your review, I want to sincerely apologize as your experience definitely doesn't reflect the quality and value we strive to provide for our guests.

Since your visit in January, we have undergone a number of exciting changes at the hotel. We have updated our high speed internet service, which is an absolute essential for our guests. We have updated all of our guest bathrooms with new finishes on nearly every surface (new tile, new vanities, new lighting). We also added an elevator to the hotel.

Our renovations are never "complete" as we will always be making improvements to the hotel as we are committed to being a hotel of choice in Fairmont now and in the future. We will take your comments to heart in our planning for the additional improvements we will be making this fall and winter.

I sincerely hope you will visit again with us on your next trip through Fairmont and allow us the opportunity to show you the value and service you (and we) expect.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

Once we got past the nice lobby, we realized we should lower our expectations. Yes, coming into the room, there was hair in the corners of the bathroom easily picked up with tissue paper and excused as "probably busy" in my head. There was a roll of toilet paper with only a wisp left, but there was a second roll, so I didn't panic. There was soda pop splatters inside the bottom dresser drawer that I cleaned out with a wash cloth. Gross, but I guess the staff don't look in there.
We stayed poolside - which was apparently open until 11:00 pm - not the 9:00 pm I was told when I booked the room. The beds were uncomfortable and the room was surprisingly dry (for being next to the pool!) but we survived the first night. The pool was pretty noisy. We didn't sleep very well until it closed at 11:00 am.
The second night brought some surprises. We were out of the hotel all day, and when we returned, the beds were made. The full toilet paper roll had migrated from the back roller to the front (why bother re-situating it without replacing it?). We settled in but couldn't sleep because of the excessive music coming from the pool area. We called the front desk and learned there was a wedding going on - live band - nothing they can do about it. No rooms available to move us away from the noise, either. No discount on our room.
The band lasted until midnight - the loud drunken babbling until 2:00 am. Calls to the front desk were in vain. Then to my horror, we discovered a disgusting "used" hand towel in-between the sheets of our bed. I swear it wasn't there the night before, but it wasn't a "clean towel caught in the sheets" either because - well - it wasn't clean. We didn't get much sleep either night. I complained to the front desk but no offer to discount - just a shrug like this happens all the time.
I'm never staying there again. I'm considering never staying at a Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank PrincessInArmor
TorgersonProperties, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fairmont, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2011

I can’t apologize enough for your stay at Holiday Inn Fairmont. The situation you described is unacceptable and I am sincerely sorry. Not only did we not meet your expectations in terms of cleanliness, but we failed to respond to your requests for assistance throughout your experience. Please understand that we take your comments very, very seriously. I will immediately share your feedback with my staff and we will identify where we went wrong and fix it. But the first step is to express to you how sorry we are that we failed to provide you with a clean room, a restful night and friendly, helpful service.

Jason Subbert

Reviewed March 27, 2011

Just returned home from a fun weekend at the Fairmont Holiday Inn. We were very pleased with the friendly service from several employees including two who went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. We did miss the ping pong table that was there the year before and a daily newspaper would have been nice but overall we had a great time and plan to go back again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
TorgersonProperties, Manager at Holiday Inn Fairmont, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2011

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your comments and your business! We want to let you know our ping pong table is returning so you will be able to enjoy that on your next visit with us!

Reviewed February 8, 2011

To be honest I expected better from Holiday Inn than a 1970's motel from a B-movie, looking a bit sorry for itself. The prices certainly aren't motel ones though !

By the time we arrived the pizza restaurant and bar had shut, I think 11pm is a little early for a hotel bar to shut, but maybe thats how things are in the Midwest. There's a McDonalds across the street, although that didn't solve the beer problem !

The corridors seemed to be a sea of discarded pizza boxes and room service trays, obviously cleaning wasn't high on the agenda.

Breakfast was served by lovely chatty old ladies, the food wasn't brilliant though.

It was just a late-night stopover, I'm glad I didn't stay longer.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Management response:Responded February 22, 2011

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn in Fairmont. We appreciate all of our guest’s feedback and I feel bad that you didn’t have the experience that you were looking for. We take great pride in providing our guest’s with a clean hotel and great service and we have a long history of doing just that. We been working hard on renovating our property and our exterior along with our Restaurant, Bar and Banquet Rooms have all been completed. We are currently putting an elevator in and our guestroom bathroom renovation will start Spring of 2011.

I am disappointed that our staff didn’t get the room service trays cleared timely and that you were not able to serve you for dinner in our GreenMill Restaurant. Our hours are Monday through Saturday 6:30am to 10pm in the Dining room and the GreenMill Bar is open until at least Midnight. Sundays we are open from 7am to 10pm in the Dining room and the Bar. I’m glad that you had good service for breakfast and I hope that when your travels bring you back to our area you will consider staying with us again.

Jason Subbert

Reviewed October 5, 2010

Don't be fooled by the remodeled exterior and lobby, the rooms have probably not been updated since 1970's. Probably have not been cleaned since the 1970 either.
There is no elevator in this hotel. So we had to lug all our bags up the stairs to our room. The rooms are dated colors, popcorn ceilings, old TV's.
Dated bathrooms, bathtub floor dirty, needed a good scub. No room on bathroom counter- was wet and everything slipped on dirty floor.
Housekeeping was horrid- there was at least 6 inches of dust and filth behind the bed. (No, I did not pull it out it was the type that curved back from the wall).

Toletries: Bath & Body Works Shampoo (no cond.)
Coconut Lime & Verbena Lotion