TripAdvisor
Fairmont
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews front desk small breakfast area hallway noise the holiday inn blue earth nice place to stay family reunion would stay here again clean rooms sd perkins shannon clerk dresser minnesota cleanliness pillows
Selected filters
Reviewed September 9, 2019

I was a bit skeptical about staying there initially, even after walking into the front door. But the room was clean, spacious (we had the King), and the free breakfast was decent. Two floor with no elevator, so we made multiple trips. The service was good. The lady at the front desk even offered to help us bring our luggage up.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Casey S, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Fairmont, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I glad we were able to exceed your initial impressions. I hope you took our front desk agent up on her offer and let her assist you with your luggage! It is our pleasure to serve you and we would love to have you back when you are in the area!

Reviewed August 10, 2019

We had to find a room quick one evening while on our way to Yellowstone. We have stayed at Super 8 before with never much of a problem. We walked to register and the person behind the desk acted like we were an imposition instead of a paying customer. After we registered we had to climb the stair to our second floor room. When we opened the door to the second floor hallway smell of cigarette smoked almost knocked up down. The room was just ok. Nothing exceptional. We would not stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Fairmont08, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Fairmont, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2019

Thank you for staying with us and for the feedback. I'm sorry that you didn't have a good experience. Our hotel does have two floors and we do have smoking rooms. Guests can reserve smoking rooms or non-smoking rooms. Thank you again for staying with us and I apologize again for not having the experience you where hoping for.

Reviewed July 23, 2019

If you are a smoker and want to be able to smoke in your room, this is the place for you! Otherwise, avoid it unless you just want to have a crash pad for a night and don't care about odor. Rooms stink of stale cigarettes.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Fairmont08, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Fairmont, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2019

Richard,

Thank you for staying with us and for choosing Super 8. We will be changing our hotel to 100% non-smoking this fall. Please consider staying with us again in the future.

Thank you again for your honest feedback.

Reviewed July 18, 2019

Wouldn’t recommend. Bed bugs. Very dirty place. Dirt on hung up “clean” towels. The open parking lot was probably the best part of the hotel but I’ve been getting bit non stop since I got to my room. Didn’t realize what it was until it was too late. I’d pay more to go stay somewhere cleaner where I’m not being bit

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Steven,

I'm disappointed to hear about your experience. We take things like bed bugs very seriously and we don't allow things like that to go unattended. We appreciate you staying with us and we appreciate your feedback. I want to re-assure everyone that if we have a concern like bed bugs we have the room heat treated by the pest control company.

Thank you again for staying with us and for your feedback.

Reviewed July 6, 2019

I have a hard time complaining about a hotel I paid $100/night for that offers everything it states! Rooms were clean, staff was friendly, plenty of options for breakfast. I’d stay here again if driving through the area.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Five STARS!! Thanks for choosing Super 8!