“Delicious food, can't wait to go back!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Jake O'Connor's Public House
Ranked #10 of 32 Restaurants in Excelsior
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Second Street
“Delicious food, can't wait to go back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Beautiful evening so everyone else wanted outdoor seating. We were immediately seated inside! The starter baby lamb chops are back on the menu which are a bit pricey but oh SO delicious! As I recall we used to get 4 chops, now it's 3. Next time I would order them as my entree with a salad and NOT share them. I also had the burger with bacon and swiss added. It was the most wonderful burger I've had in ages, and I've been looking. My brother agreed as he finished it off. My 2 sibs were pleased with their entrees as well. The tap beers really hit the spot with our meals. Can't wait to go back. Only drawbacks for me is the outside seating in on a busy street and the interior is quite dark, neither would deter me from going back cuz the food is outstanding!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Excelsior, Minnesota
“Great Atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

I really enjoy the decor and pub coziness that Jake has to offer but I find the food value sorely missing.

Visited April 2014
Chanhassen, MN
“Bad Experience This Time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

We have been to Jake O'Connor's many times and usually it is pretty good, but this time we had a generally bad experience. After we were seated our server came to the table promptly, but it took a inordinately long time to get our food after we ordered. One in our party had the vegetable beef soup but there was literally zero beef to be found in it. Another had a chicken caesar salad but they put the wrong dressing on it. It took forever to to flag down our server to report the problem. She was genuinely apologetic and promised to bring out a new salad right away. But it took way too long to bring out the replacement (how hard can it be to whip up another caesar salad?), so by the time it arrived the rest of us were done with our meals and we had to take the replacement salad to go. Usually when something this disruptive happens the restaurant just takes the late meal off the bill but in this case they didn't do that, which is quite surprising. The restaurant wasn't that busy, so we don't know why the place seemed to be so mismanaged this particular night. We will give it another try in a month or two, but the next visit better show improvement or we will have to take Jake O'Connor's off our list of options.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Mike S
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great ambiance and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

We ventured out on one of our blizzard evenings and had a nice dinner. The service was excellent - friendly and attentive.
Our food was good. I got the tenderloin sliders and the guys got fish and chips. I've always had good food here but it's on the pricier side of things. 3 people for dinner was $100 (minimal drinks).
You are paying for the location and ambiance.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Minnesota City, Minnesota
“Great place but food is average and over price!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

I went there for a dinner with friends and family and it was disappointing of the high prices. My $14 dollars sandwich I ordered with ham and cheese and mushrooms (2 pieces) and fries, all I get was a petite piece of bread more like for a kids menu then what they call a sandwich. Also the drinks were very expensive for an average glass of wine $9 and they were not over fill or anything like that.
The place is pretty but it will cost you. Dinner for 3 adults and 3 kids was over $150

• Visited January 2014