“Awesome Nachos” 4 of 5 bubbles

Lago Tacos
Ranked #7 of 32 Restaurants in Excelsior
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Excelsior, Minnesota
“Awesome Nachos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

These are not your typical piled-high nachos, they are individual chips with chicken and other goodness, excellent flavors! We've also had their deep fried avocados, another must-try. Their burritos are also delicious. The restaurant is smallish so you might have a short wait (they currently don't accept reservations), but it's worth it. I've had hits and misses in the bar. Splurge on the best margarita, they also have great local brews on tap -- we like anything by Enki Brewery (Victoria, MN) and the Big Island Blonde by Excelsior Brewery!

• Visited May 2014

Victoria MN USA
“Great Place in a Great Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food is great at this little place in a quaint little Lake town of Excelsior. Their margarita's are really good and the food is superb. Try anything they offer and I'm sure you will love it. This is becoming a "lake group" favorite for many of us that spend a lot of time on the water.

Visited May 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Huge burritos, yummy tacos, awesome chips & dips!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Not a bad meal here! Shrimp tacos, walleye tacos, and steak burritos were all excellent! We went on a Saturday night and it was packed. Only waited 30 minutes for a table. Portions were perfect. Warm tortilla chips served with 2 salsas, guacamole & beans are brought out immediately. Great margaritas!

Hebron, Connecticut
“Best Tacos in the Twin Cities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I moved to the Twin Cities 2 years ago and realized I have almost never been for Mexican food - it just seems like there aren't ANY Mexican restaurants. Let me preface this by saying I grew up in the Midwest so authentic Mexican food is actually not my jam, but I do love a good taco! I happened along Lago Tacos by accident and have made the half hour trek across town more times now than I can count and taken all my friends and family when they come visit.

No, you don't get free chips and salsa like you would expect at a Mexican restaurant - but I personally hate how my lack of self-control always makes me so full before my meal comes. Better to save room for the tacos in my opinion. My favorite is the Al Pastor - I feel like their food is fresher and less full of fat than most Mexican food. I always regret eating at Mexican joints but I never regret Lago Tacos. I always order the sweet corn cake on the side and get flour tortillas instead of corn. Seriously, if you want a fresh, delicious taco at a decent price, you have to try Lago Tacos. I'm so excited they're opening up a new location in Uptown - much closer than Excelsior for me!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Try the weekend breakfast.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

$5 bloody Mary's served with a deep fried pickle. Yum!
I had something with eggs and chorizo sausage - it was very tasty.
It was mainly regulars sitting up at the bar which is always fun eavesdropping on their "guy banter".
Breakfast is as good as their regular menu.

• Visited February 2014