“Wish I like it more...”

Lago Tacos
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Excelsior
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I wanted so much to love this place. Excelsior needs some more restaurant choices. The drinks are good and very expensive. Mostly ice. I paid $12 for a drink that was gone in four sucks of a straw. The chip appetizer has four different choices: salsa(good), green salsa(forgetable), refriend beans (tasteless, need salt) and guacamole(too much onion, needs salt). The burrito I had was huge and average. I like the taste of Chipotle better, more flavor. One night they ran out of grapefruit juice for their grapefruit margarita...whaaaaaa? Borrow a car and go to the store. Probably won't return.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Big portions of tacos, but the chicken lacked flavor. Also didn't like the corn shell. Drinks were good but very weak for the price. Nice atmosphere. Trendy spot. Wish they took reservations.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a welcome addition to Excelsior. The food is quite good...not great. Prices very low. Lots of choices for meat, seafood or veggie lovers. Primarily burritos and tacos but some salads as well. Flavors good but not outstanding. Service friendly and good. Very casual atmosphere. It's a noisy place with a bartender who is louder than the patrons. Families, young couples as well as older patrons fill the tables. Acoustics poor and a 2 PM lunch still meant conversation was nearly impossible due to the noise. Tacos pretty drippy so wouldn't recommend take-out.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I ate here on a Saturday night at it was packed. The wings I had did nothing for me, but it was just a different taste I didn't like. The burrito I had was awesome and they gave you plenty of it. My girlfriend had the tacos which were fantastic as well. We had margaritas for drinks, which while okay were overpriced for what you received. $12.00 gets you a weak margarita in tall glass made with average tequila. It's really noisy, so if you need to talk quietly with someone don't come here. Their location couldn't be better. Right next to the Excelsior Dock theatre which is a great venue.