“Wedding Weekend SUCCESS!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Excelsior
Bird House Inn and Gardens
Ranked #1 of 1 Excelsior B&B and Inns
Excelsior, Minnesota
“Wedding Weekend SUCCESS!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We booked the Bird House Inn for our out of town guests who were attending our family wedding.
They RAVED about the facility, the location in darling downtown Excelsior and wonderful homey atmosphere. They enjoyed early morning coffee on the front porch, Late afternoon they wondered over to Excelsior Brewery for a pint and then on to dinner (several wonderful restaurants in town).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dave W, Owner at Bird House Inn and Gardens, responded to this review, December 1, 2014
We loved having your group here. So glad they enjoyed it! Hope to see you back on your anniversary next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Excelsior is where I grew up, so I chose the Bird House Inn for it's convenient location to all the amenities this location has to offer such as lake activities, bike/walking trails, restaurants and shopping all within walking distance. I returned to Excelsior for a family reunion and it was important to me to be in the village so that I was close to other family members. I reserved 4 rooms for my family to stay in. One of the family members was my mother who had lived in this house twice while growing up. She was in a trance the moment she stepped inside. The memories just flowed from her. We had many great moments reminiscing and sharing her memories with Dave, our most gracious and charming host who usually joined us for those yummy breakfasts. Dave thrived in meeting our needs and made our stay with him most enjoyable. It's as if we were staying as a guest in his home. We spent 5 lovely days at the Bird House. We had three children in our party aged 7, 10 & 13. The accommodations were very warm and kid friendly. The kids enjoyed getting into the complementary candy and beverages. I will definitely return to the Bird House for future visits to my home town.

Room Tip: With children, the Cardinal and Pheasant rooms with the kitchenette served our purposes well with ch...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
So nice to have you here! We've had a few people with personal connections to the house stop back over the 13 years we've owned it, and it is always a special treat. Looking forward to your return some day!
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have stayed at the Bird House Inn and Gardens on two separate occasions, years apart. In 2009 I was pleased to learn that our High School Class Reunion was scheduled to be celebrated at a Inn on the water in Excelsior. I immediately began researching B and B's in order to thoroughly enjoy my visit. The Bird House surpassed my expectations then and again 5 years later, when I returned last week for yet another reunion.
I selected a different room for each visit and was pleased with both. Despite being located on the Main Street in Excelsior, which is a plus to me, as I enjoy walking as much as possible, the Inn is quiet and serene. I love the long porch, perched above the street, separated by lovely gardens, fountains and trellises.
Dave, the Innkeeper, is very accommodating and charming, easy-going and capable.
Breakfast is elegant and filling, with many choices for all palates.
I hope to return before the next reunion!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dave W, Owner at Bird House Inn and Gardens, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
It's great to have old friends come back and see us again! It was lovely chatting with you and the other guests over a glass of wine in the evening and at breakfast. It was a pleasure, as often happens, to see the warm connections that are made in just an hour or two in a comfortable old house over a nice hot breakfast!
Leawood, Kansas
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a weekend stay at the Bird House Inn. The location is fantastic - in the heart of downtown Excelsior which is a thriving small town next to Lake Minnetonka that has a great selection or restaurants and shops. We enjoyed the walking trail/bike path that is located just a few steps from the Bird House's front door.
The Inn is a Historic Home that has been preserved beautifully. The front porch by the garden area is the perfect setting for a morning cup of coffee or an evening glass of wine.
The food! The breakfast menu for both weekend mornings were fantastic!
Thank-you Dave & Gretchen for a wonderful stay, we will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ASmith331
Warm, friendly guests like the Smiths are a big part of what makes the whole inn feel that way. Glad you were able to make use of some of the best features of the inn and the town. We love having the bike path so close so that we and our guests don't have to fight with any traffic while touring the area. The bikes we have for guests use are a great way to see the sites and get a little exercise while you are here with us.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My far flung, extended family--from Maryland, Massachusetts and Florida--descended on the Bird House Inn for our nephew's high school graduation this past weekend. We had a fantastic time! Dave is a gracious host and innkeeper, and his presence makes the stay very personal. My girls and I loved the spaciousness of the Pheasant and Cardinal Room. We look forward to returning!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Chase P
Thank you, Chase. Your far-flung family was a delight to host. I'm always glad when our inn can help bring families together for a comfortable, intimate stay.
Blaine, Minnesota
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We were on a 'girlfriend overnight' and thoroughly enjoyed the time spent at the Birdhouse Inn. We loved being able to sit out on the porch - of course, the weather helped considerably. All the rooms were comfortable and the breakfast pastries and fresh fruit were appreciated. We certainly didn't need a huge breakfast after all the stops to eat while wandering the downtown streets. The hosts were very friendly and helpful. The offer of wine and snacks was something we hadn't experienced in any of the B&B's we had stayed in on other trips. Nice!

Room Tip: The rooms ranging in price was handled by just splitting the total down the middle for the three roo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dave W, Owner at Bird House Inn and Gardens, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thanks Jan! Great to have you and your fun group of friends stay with us. We keep trying to think of fun little "extras" to throw in to make our inn feel like a home away from home. Glad you were able to take advantage of a few of those. We look forward to having your group back again some time soon!
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I and my entire family have been at the Birdhouse inn for my brother's wedding at the beginning of May. Our stay has been perfect, the rooms are very confortable, breakfast is great and the owners are very nice and friendly. When in the area, we will surely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2014
Dave W, Owner at Bird House Inn and Gardens, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
It was great to get to know your family while you were here. Such wonderful people! Future guests will be sure to enjoy the authentic Italian espresso maker you left for me. Thanks so much for that!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Excelsior
Chanhassen Inn
#3 of 4 in Chanhassen
Downtown
Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis
AmericInn Chanhassen
#2 of 4 in Chanhassen

Been to Bird House Inn and Gardens? Share your experiences!