“A Great Super 8!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Eveleth
Punta Gorda, Florida
“A Great Super 8!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is the nicest Super 8 I have ever stayed in. My fishing partner and I try to stay here every July on our return from Canada.
Thr grounds are well maintained, numerous antiques in the lobby area, the rooms are white glove clean with comfortable beds and large flat panel TV's - great for finding what's been going on after a week in a remote NW Ontario outpost.
Friendly front office staff, a very good continental breakfast and two good retaurants just across and down the street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The hotel hallways wreak of smoke. Our two queen was a little dated but very clean. The linens had a chlorine or bleach smell that permeated the room, so much that you would think our room was poolside. The breakfast area is very, very nice with hickory furniture and has all the usual fare including two waffle makers and yogurts. A nice touch was a huge dry erase board where hotel staff updated the days weather and wrote down facts about "today's history in Minnesota". A very nice touch. I didn't visit the pool area, but my father said it looked nice and included a barrel sauna. I wish I'd taken time for a quick sweat. Overall the hotel is ok. I wish the hallways weren't filled with smoke smell and while I appreciate clean, I don't want to smell chlorine/bleach all night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Oakdale, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My boyfriend and I received a weekend stay for the Land of the Loon festival as a birthday present. Upon checking into the hotel, they asked for a credit card (I assumed for incidentals/damage deposit), as I knew the weekend stay was already paid for by a relative. We went to our room and noticed two things right away: an empty kleenex box and someone's dirty shorts hanging on the back of the bathroom door. The housekeeping has much to be desired, as they came into our room even though we didn't want them to "clean" (and I use that term loosely) and "made" our bed (and I use that term loosely as well). It appeared they came into our room simply to see what was in there, pulled back a couple of covers, did NOT replace the empty kleenex box, and left. Upon checking out, they charged my credit card for the full amount of the room, even though we explained that the room was bought and paid for by a relative. I would stay in a port-a-potty before staying in this hotel again! If you have to stay there - double-check all your receipts, and your room is all I can say about this nasty hotel. The only nice thing about it was the landscaping on the outside.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Colleen B
, General Manager at Super 8 Eveleth, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Colleen,

Thank you for your comments! Without guest feedback we would never have the opportunity to improve our service.

We have taken your comments very seriously and investigated all aspects of your stay.

Unfortunately, at the time the reservation was made by your relative there was a misunderstanding on our part. Although your relative used their credit card to make the reservation, it was unclear to our staff at check in that we were to charge their card specifically. Our process to ask for your credit card and id is our typical policy for you protection. When the situation was discovered we promptly corrected the problem and it was clearly explained to your relative who at the time seemed understanding and ok with our quick response to correct the issue.

With respect to the housekeeping issues; we had a new housekeeper training, as well as a new room inspector , who both feel short of our own standards.

In your comments you remarked on our landscaping, I hope this demonstrates to you our typical attention paid to details at our property. Your experience was less than perfect and we are very apologetic to you!

If you wish to contact me directly at the property I would be more than happy to make this right for you!

Jim Makowsky
Oronoco, Minnesota
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Great place stayed here 3 times and would defently go back again in the future . room had microwave and fridge. Largest hot tub i've ever seen (about 8 x 10) nice pool. hotel did not have an Elevator. (most 2 story hotels befor 2000 don't have elevators )make's it a little harder to get lugguge to the 2nd floor.

Room Tip: request room on 1st floor
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Stony Plain, Alberta, Caada
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I consider this hotel my second home. My home is in Alberta, Canada and I work in Minnesota, so my stays here are long. My last stay was 7 weeks. The rooms are nice. The management and staff are great. They strive to make my stay comfortable. The continental breakfast gets my day going. Great landscaping, beautiful decor and lots of smiles meet you every day. A big thanks go out to Bill, Kristin, and everyone for a great and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
New Ulm, Minnesota
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stay at the Super 8 every time we travel to the Iron Range. The hotel is always clean and well cared for. The area outside is very lovely--beautiful flowers, well tended surroundings. The staff is always friendly and helpful. We always enjoy the breakfast. We have seen some of the same staff at our recurrent visits and look forward to seeing them again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Luck
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights at the Super8 in Eveleth recently, on a work trip. I travel frequently, and have stayed at many differnet hotels, and the Super8 chain is a common stop. I was very impressed with the employees attitude, and the cleanliness of the Eveleth super8. It was one of the best experiences Ive had, for the money, over the last 30yrs.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Craig C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eveleth
Holiday Inn Express Suites Mountain Iron
#1 of 4 in Hibbing
Lakeshore Motor Inn
Lakeshore Motor Inn
#1 of 4 in Virginia

Been to Super 8 Eveleth? Share your experiences!