“What can I say? It's the Best!!!!!!”
Review of Ely Steak House

Ely Steak House
Ranked #8 of 31 Restaurants in Ely
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We drive up to ely several times a year to eat here. The last time was valentines day. There were four of us. The wait staff is the best. The food is also the best. We all ate something different and all enjoyed completely. I have never been disappointed here and have been coming for years. I would highly recommend stopping in here for a great meal.

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

This was our third visit in the last two months and we have yet to be disappointed. The ribs don't fall off the bone, but the flavor is good. The salmon smothered in hollandaise has been excellent on two different occasions. The Butt Steak was excellent prepared in the normal fashion (juicy and well-seasoned), but dreadful when ordered "spanked" or blackened.

We will avoid ordering anything blackened on future visits as the blackened items seem to turn into a lump of charcoal. On a previous occasion, I ordered the Caesar Salad with blackened salmon and had to scrape the charcoal from the salmon in order for it to be edible.

The cheddar and wild rice soup is very average and could use a thicker consistency. The French Onion soup is a better option and is very tasty. The Cajun Walleye Finger appetizer has good flavor, but the serving is very small.

The restaurant is cozy, but dated. The booth bench seats are very short and are topped with a cushion that tends to slide around. The service has been excellent on each of our visits.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Consistently good food for reasonable prices and outstanding service. Steaks, fish, chicken, chops, pasta, meal salads, nightly specials, prime rib on Friday and Saturday. I've gone there many, many times and have always enjoyed my meals. Best beer list in town, good wine list (I'm told), lots of social things going on: pool, air hockey, karaoke and more. Bar is nicely rowdy, separate restaurant is quieter; full menu available both places. Stays open year-round.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Pretty popular for dinner on weekends, primarily I think because there isn't a great deal of competition in this little town. Nice surroundings, good service, plenty of good seating, friendly staff, and Karaoke to boot. A decent meal to be had and sing your heart out later in the bar.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

the steaks and prime rib are really good here. rustic bar feel to the place but the food is good. the broasted chicken dinner is very tasty. the only criticism I have is that it needs to be cleaned and updated.