“Great food, friendly service”
Review of Ely Steak House

Ely Steak House
Ranked #6 of 30 Restaurants in Ely
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a nice meal out while we were on our honeymoon. Ely Steak House has amazing food and we really enjoyed the atmosphere. I've read that others thought this place was a dive but we didn't think so. It's definitely more laid back and has the feel of a small town bar and grill. Its recommended to call ahead to make reservations as they are usually pretty busy. During the meal we were already talking about what else we wanted to try the next time we go in.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

this was a very rustic fun place to go, had some great fish but was disappointed it had no blue berry pie, Ely is Famous for there blue berries

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Ate there first night in Ely. Very accomodating, friendly. Fish was fresh and delicious, so was the steak. Would highly recommend it to visitors!

1  Thank rafatp
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This small, remote town has an excellent steak house. Located right down town on main street. Both the food and service was outstanding. Suggest reservations during peak season.

1  Thank StillwaterMinn
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a pleasant eating experience here at the Steak House. My friends and I spent the evening in Ely before putting in our canoes at the Fall Lake BWCA entry point. We got a burger, fried chicken and a salad. The supper (fried chicken) was deliscious and quite a bit of food for the money. One of my friends and I split it. It came with break and potatoes. Yum! The burger was good as well. Again large portion size with yummy fries. The salad, my friend reported, was good as well. Our waitstaff was competent, friendly and served us well. We felt very taken care of. It was a great meal to have before entering the wilderness for a week.

1  Thank Hannah J

Been to Ely Steak House? Share your experiences!