“The Beat for Ely”

Ranked #6 of 30 Restaurants in Ely
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

There are few restaurants in Ely but this is probably the best your Gona get Steaks are the best The salad is really good bread not so good service was good Enjoy

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is just a review of a quick meal I had at Ely Steak House recently. I was in a hurry, so I got the 1/3 pound burger. It was excellent, properly cooked, and the sides of fries and cole slaw were perfect.

Additional observations:

Waitstaff seemed a little depressed, but were competent enough. Dining room interior was classic old-time steakhouse, dark and woody; the bar seemed to be from a different establishment entirely, with a slightly meat-market vibe. Under other circumstances it might be a fun place to get really sloshed on one of their "Toe Sucker" cocktails (limit 2 per customer . . . or was it 1?? Good luck driving your snowmobile home afterwards). In fact all the drinks on the menu had really stupid names and leaned incongruously toward coconut and other tropical flavors.

I will certainly go back if I'm in the area, the food I had was really well-executed and I guess the Bucky Burger is kind of a house specialty. Might be more fun if I had more time and a bigger appetite for Piña Coladas (and getting caught in the rain).

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I split the Butt Sirloin steak - it was so good! I would definitely order it again!
I had the baked sweet potato with the brown sugar/cinnamon butter - also very tasty!
Our waitress was very helpful and helped us to order what we really wanted and made our experience a great one!
We love going to the Ely Steak house - they know food and service.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have stopped here every time we have come to Ely. Food is fantastic!! And their customer service from their hostess, to the servers, to the bartenders has been impeccable!! It is always a pleasure to stop there and get treated so well.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I didn't expect to pay city prices for a local steakhouse, but that's what we got. Food was fine, but not remarkable, and not worth the prices. I'd get a burger someplace else next time.

2  Thank klause67

Been to Ely Steak House? Share your experiences!