“Great Time!”

Ranked #8 of 31 Restaurants in Ely
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Since we didn't catch our own walleye, we had it here! Fried and baked - both types were delicious! Our waiter, Wes, knew the menu very well and was very attentive and friendly. Couldn't ask for better! We came back a second time for prime rib and NY strips - again, the food was excellent and the atmosphere laid back and friendly.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had walleye with all the fixings! Y'all made three old wilderness guides very happy and satisfied. Our server was outstanding. The atmosphere was just right and it made for almost pleasant meal.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We enjoyed a delicious Sunday dinner with my companion ordering a perfectly cooked medium rare ribeye and me enjoying fried walleye; both were very good and we had to share with each other to let the other taste how wonderful our selection was! The young man who was our waiter had a great sense of humor and was very attentive, but not overly so. Ely is a beautiful place to visit and we enjoyed many good meals during our stay. During your visit to Ely, you must try the Ely Steakhouse. Hint: Call ahead for reservations if you are hoping to dine on a Friday or Saturday night...it is understandably popular.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Ely the past four days and enjoyed a meal at the Ely Steak House. I admit I was nervous about finding gluten free options in Ely but the Steak House took very good care of us. I am not Celiac but I am very gluten intolerant and will get sick if there is cross contamination. While there was not a separate gluten free menu, our waitress did an excellent job of consulting with me about the menu and double checking things she wasn't 100% sure about with the kitchen staff. I ended up ordering the Filet Mignon and loaded baked potato. Delicious! Their Filet Mignon is one of the most tender and flavorful steaks I have ever had the pleasure of eating. I would definitely recommend!

1  Thank Tanya D
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I ordered the salmon, asked the server if I could have a baked potato instead of the rice pilaf that ordinarily comes with it. No problem! The salmon portion was of good size, served with a delicate hollandaise sauce. (The server had remembered to ask me whether I wanted the sauce on the side, which I always appreciate.) Everything was delicious, including the fresh bread and the salad.

Been to Ely Steak House? Share your experiences!