“Horrible Place”
Review of Adventure Inn

Adventure Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Ely
Reviewed September 21, 2009

In my opinion this is not the place to stay...stay in a tent or you car if need be. The room was dirty - the carpet was very stained and the bathtub moldy and had hairs from previous guests. Another friend stayed at the Canoe On Inn and said was a much better bang for your buck and another stayed at the Grand Ely Lodge and said if you have the money it was a great place.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Sueedgington, owner at Adventure Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2009

The room that they stayed in is in our older economy building. It is only used in the summer months and has new beds, bedding, but the room is smaller, and the bathroom is dated. However, it is priced very economical and these rooms are quite popular with our guests on a budget. We do clean them thoroughly. This room is also a pet friendly room and the problem is with the dogs that were left unattended in the room for 2 nights.

Reviewed June 5, 2009

We stayed her the night before and the night after our canoeing trip into the BWCA. We had a group of 5 and our room had three queen sized beds with plenty of room. The rooms were nice with TV,microwave,refrigerator and 2 sinks. Staff was great, we were up at 6 both stays and coffee and breakfast was waiting for us both times. I will stay here again for my next trip!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank pickardit
Reviewed October 17, 2006

Very neat and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. We appreciated the pet-friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank javagal22
Reviewed July 16, 2006

I have stayed here twice now and the new owners are making a difference - the rooms are clean and bright and look really nice - it does not have a lot of amenities, but there is a small continental breakfast consisting of coffee and rolls - I think they should at least add juice or milk for the kids, but there is a grocery store across the street -and there is a business center with internet access - there are no phones, and there is not a pool - it is a basic hotel - but the landscaping is well done, and the place is really spruced up nice - in talking to the owners, they plan to add spa suites and a common area spa for all guests -

The walls are kind of thin and you can sometimes hear the neighbors, but not really that bad - the parking is very close to the rooms, and the street is close too - which can contribute to traffic noise - but you have the option of using the A/C or opening the windows - the motel was full two of the three nights I was there - the water is always hot and the showers are great - beds are okay, but they do have lots of channels for tv as well

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank TravelingMinister
Reviewed July 4, 2005

I'm rating this property a 2 only because the owner was so friendly and accomodating. But the rooms in the older section need to be avoided at all costs. My room holds the record for the smallest I have ever seen (approx 8x10). There was no phone, no plastic cups, no ice bucket and no ice. Paper-thin walls prevented me from getting to sleep before 1:30am. Also, I found it bizarre that business cards were tucked into every available picture frame, mirror, etc. - as if anyone who stayed in that room would ever come back.

• Stayed: June 2005
5  Thank NCN
Sueedgington, owner at Adventure Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2009

my apologizes to that guest. We are new owners and took over the Inn on January of 2006. The room is small but is offered with a much lower price and now rather cute. Guests actually request the tiny room.

A TripAdvisor Member
hartland mn.
Reviewed November 12, 2004

the new building ( 16 rooms ) is new and very pretty and clean rooms! my wife and i loved the whole experience. each room had a different wildlife theme. this is where we will always stay.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 12, 2004

I stayed at the Adventure Inn during the last week of July 2004. Almost all of the rooms had been recently remodeled and were spotless and I mean SPOTLESS. New Carpet, fresh paint, and home made comforters and window toppers. Each room had an outdoor theme. There were different prices for different size rooms, not a one size/one price fits all. They even have a suite available for large groups or families. It was on the main street and had plenty of parking. The people at the front desk were always helpful and so sweet, especially Marvel and another lady whose name escapes me. There was no coffee/bagels breakfast stuff available in the morning, but the rooms were so nice I didn't care. Besides, with all the outdoor activities, most people got up and grabbed something at the gas stations/quick stops which were extremely well stocked. When I go back, I will stay here.

17  Thank Mary13610