“Good food with some restrictions”

Rockwood Bar and Grill
Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Ely
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2014

This place would rather get 3,5 - I put 4, as food quality and service were good. We had the meat loaf and the flat iron steak.
But: they didn't deliver exactly what was ordered (mistake made in the kitchen), portions were smallish (which means very small by American standards), prices quite high.
All in all, we had a nice evening sitting outside!

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Very very happy find! I told my husband that I now have a favorite restaurant in Ely. We were just looking for burgers, since Ely activities usually leave us protein craving. This place was excellent. I had something in the half pound range, delightful involving a whole grain mustard & truffle oil fries. Will happily go back next time I'm in town.

Also, they do have live music sometimes! We had a nice classic rock accompaniment with dinner.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

I've been coming to this establishment since it was a Hardee's. Much better now. I usually get the "wildeye" burger which is a mixture of two north-woods staples; wild rice and walleye. A good choice, but it could use a bit more walleye if you ask me. The wild rice soup is also very good. This place is always busy, yet they seem to seat you quickly. Live music in the outdoor area some evenings. A good dinner the night before heading off into the Boundary Waters wilderness.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I was in Ely with friends for a long weekend. We tried to get into two other places and ended up at Rockwood. The interior was nice and quiet as we were there after lunch rush. The burgers were good and the sever was friendly but not around that much and was slow offering refills and bringing the bill. Maybe there is just a more relaxed approach than in more urban areas on the part of the servers.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

The beer selection is fantastic. Food was ok. But for some reason the service for receiving our food was very slow considering it was a Sunday evening and the place seemed less than half full.