“8 day Quetico guided trip”

Moose Track Adventures
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Ely
Atlanta
“8 day Quetico guided trip”
Reviewed July 28, 2008

This is the second guided trip I have booked with Moosetrack Adventures. As with last year, the trip exceeded our expectations. Our group was three dads and their teenage sons hiking and paddling through the Quetico Provincial Park. Jim Blauch's knowledge of the area and willingness to alter the plans and routes in process made the trip very memorable. Additionally, Jim is a great trail cook, and our meals were all memorable. Our stated goals were to spend time in remote areas, experiencing wildlife, fish often, and to enjoy a physical trip back to the US. Jim delivered for us in a big way!

I can't wait to book my next family trip with Moosetrack Adventures. I have no doubt anyone looking for an enjoyable trip to either the Boundary Waters or the Quetico will enjoy Moosetrack's services and expertise.

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank KBrice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Boulder Colorado
Reviewed July 16, 2008

You have to try Moose Track Adventures for an authentic, boundary waters experience! Really nice lakeside cabins give you lots of room to spread out (so much better than a hotel room) with great views of the lake and the call of the loon just out your window as you're falling asleep. If you like to fish, there's probably no better guide than Jim (he owns the property with his wife, Joan). Jim made sure that all of us, especially our two kids, had a wonderful time, by making sure that we caught (and released) all the fish we wanted. A mid-day lakeside fish fry of Northern Pike and Walleye was among the finest meals we've ever had! Jim is knowledgeable about the waters, and takes such good care of you, while thinking of every detail, so you don't have to. He's also a heck of a good storyteller and great company for a day of fishing. Jim and Joan, thank you, we loved your slice of heaven in Ely! Hope to see you out in Colorado sometime!

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank TheBradleyBoulder
Chicago, IL
Reviewed July 14, 2008

We really hated to leave here! We actually tent camped here and the accomodations were excellent. The bathroom and shower facilities were very clean, everyone was very nice and personable, and they have all the equipment that you would need to make your trip enjoyable. Our campsite was just 10 feet from the lake, and it was an absolute joy to wake up to! If you are going to be in the area, make sure you give this place a chance!

• Liked — It was beautiful!
  • Disliked — I had to leave
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank arlo96
Bettendorf, IA
Reviewed June 18, 2008

Our family just returned from Moosetracks and we really hated to leave! This was actually my 2nd trip here but my 1st with my family. The 1st time was just a guys fishing trip in the fall and we had such a great time that when it came to finding a spot for the family I choose Moosetrack!
Jim and Joan go out of their way to make your stay as fun and comfortable as possible and there was enough none fishing activities in the area to keep my wife and my 8 year old daughter busy while my son and I fished!
Overall this is a great place for no matter what kind of trip you are planning and I would do it again!
Thanks
Jeff, Caroline, Andrew and Emily Hicks
Bettendorf, IA

Stayed May 2008
1 Thank Hawkeye_Jeff
Big Rapids
Reviewed March 16, 2008

A nice place to relax, watch the birds and catch up on some reading .Our cabin had just the right amount of space to be cosy with friends and share good times. Our 2nd day, the weather was perfect and the tree's had a dusting of snow on them, making the day aboulutely perfect for a day of cross country skiing on South Farm Lake ski trails.
Perhaps a summer fishing stay will be in order soon!
Thanks Jim and Joan for providing us this relaxing break from ordinary life.

Stayed February 2008
South Metro, Twin Cities, MN
Reviewed May 23, 2007

When the Ham Lake BWCAW fire caused the closure of all western entry points to the Boundary Waters, we were forced to cancel our canoe trip just three days before it was scheduled to begin. My buddy and I scrambled to find the perfect place to spend a long weekend chasing walleyes and breathing the crisp Northern air. Luckily, we were referred to Moose Track Adventures, and didn't have one regret from the moment we arrived.

Jim and Joan, the owners, were gracious enough to accomodate an extremely late arrival for us, and Joan even pointed out the "hot spot" to catch walleyes right off the end of the dock. The next morning Jim, one of the most knowledgable fisherman and all-around interesting guys one could ever meet, familiarized us with a map of the lakes and marked up countless hot spots and told us what baits and techniques to use in each location. He also gave us a thorough overview of the boat and motor, and marked out the potentially dangerous deadheads and jutting rocks, common to these northern lakes, on the map. Even though it was only forty degrees and windy, we had the best day of fishing ever -- we boated over 50 walleyes, and several jumbo perch, crappies, sunfish, and a nice smallmouth bass. It was unbelievable!

The cabin was wonderful, clean, and cozy. I overslept every single morning, even though we had planned to rise early and get out on the lake. Even after a great day in the boat, the highlight of each day was the evening dock fishing. Everyone would gather down on the docks, and drop a bobber in search of walleyes for dinner -- even Gavin, the couple's young son.

Moose Track Adventures was only a five or six minute drive from town, and what a town it is! There are outfitters on every block, and tons of great places to eat. It was my first trip to Ely, even though I've lived in MN for all of my adult life, and I never knew just how much I was missing out on; an outdoorsman's heaven.

Our unexpected change of plans turned out to be a blessing in disguise, and I can't wait to plan my next trip up to Ely, and more incredible fishing on Farm Lake at Moose Track Adventures!

• Liked — The owners -- just extremely friendly and interesting people.
  • Disliked — The cabins didn't have TVs; I didn't want one, but it's the only downfall I could think of.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ryanil
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 10, 2006

This place is one of the best kept secrets when it comes to a world class experience with world class service. This place is good for your soul. Excape from stress and re-connect with nature in simplistic luxury. Jim and Joan have created an excape for everyone. They are setting the trend for what vacation is all about. They make everything so easy and are eager to make this a Northwoods experience of a lifetime.

• Stayed September 2005