“Great Lake Cabins”
Review of Timber Wolf Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ely
Timber Wolf Lodge
Ranked #1 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Ely
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Great location and great cabins!They have it all herre at Timber Wolf Lodge great service boats for you to use for tubing fishing or whatever. The cabins are excellent very clean and big comfortable sleep number beds.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Timber Wolf L, Owner at Timber Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Jacob H - We at Timber Wolf Lodge are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! We really enjoyed hosting you and your friends during your end-of-summer getaway and we were glad to see you take in our many activities and boat rentals. Keep an eye on our website as we just released TODAY six new Last Minute Specials - odds & ends on our reservation system that we deeply discount for our guests. We hope to see you again at Timber Wolf Lodge!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great lake, great cabins! Very helpful friendly staff. Peaceful setting and sleep number beds in rooms. Had a great time with large family group. Would highly recommend. Very family friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Timber Wolf L, Owner at Timber Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Doreen C - thank you so much for your high ratings and kind review of our resort and our staff. We certainly enjoyed hosting you and your daughter and the rest of your group this week! Come join us again. And keep an eye on our website where we are now posting Last Minute Deals. Kind regards from all of us at Timber Wolf Lodge!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

A great spot for a family retreat...whether or not it Is a large or small gathering. Lots of activities Available and A helpful staff. Kids will love the fishing and lake activities. Adults will enjoy the setting and staff. Each guest can decide how active they want to be or not to be during their stay.
Jay Stallsmith , Tulsa, OK

• Stayed: July 2013
Timber Wolf L, Owner at Timber Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you J! I'm glad to hear that Timber Wolf Lodge proved to be a good getaway for your family retreat. We enjoyed hosting your group! I'm glad that you were able to enjoy Bear Island Lake and the various lake activities offered. And am very happy to hear that our staff treated your group right!

Thanks for traveling all the way from Oklahoma to be with us. Safe travels home. Come back and see if sometime.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our family of five had a wonderful stay at Timber Wolf Lodge. We enjoyed fishing, swimming, campfires and the picturesque scenery surrounding us. We also spent time in nearby Ely visiting the Bear Center and the Wolf Center, which our boys really loved. We stayed in Cabin #9, which was very spacious, comfortable and cozy~it felt like "home" for the week we were there. The staff was also very welcoming, friendly and helpful and always put the guests'
needs first. We would highly recommend this resort for anyone wanting a peaceful, relaxing, comfortable stay!

• Stayed: June 2013
Timber Wolf L, Owner at Timber Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Tammy Rae - Firstly thank you for allowing us to host your family of 5! Yes Cabin 9 is a very special place - great privacy and views of Bear Island Lake. We hear a lot of compliments regarding the new cedar porch that we added to Cabin 9 in 2012. Our guests really LOVE that space!

I'm glad that you and your family were able to take in all of the great activities we have to offer. And its great to hear that you took time in our quaint little town of Ely, MN. It is really the right mix of local food, shops and unique attractions. Our friends at the Wolf and Bear Centers do a great job!

I am always most grateful when guest reviews arrive with compliments to our staff. Your comment that "they always put the guest need first" is wonderful news to me!

Come back and see us sometime. And remember that our website now has a Last Minute Deals page where we put deep discounts on short stays.... its a great way to get a cheap and quick getaway to Ely, MN. Welcome back anytime!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our vacation was everything, plus more than the brochure showed. We had such a wonderful relaxing family vacation in Cabin#9. The improvements that the new owner did this year were very nice. Thank-you Roger. Chad, Angela and the staff were great. Thank-you.

Room Tip: Cabin #9 was perfect for My Family. The Master bedroom has a queen size sleep number bed, and the s...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Jamie P - thank you for your kind review of Timber Wolf Lodge and Cabin 9. It is a very special place on the resort with that great view of Bear Island Lake, private dock, lakeside fire-pit and the new 3-season cedar porch that we installed in 2012. Cabin 9 is quickly becoming a guest favorite.

I'm so glad to receive your compliment of our staff! We work hard to focus on our guest's needs. By the way - keep an eye on our website. We just created a new page that showcases any last minute cancellations and deals. These stays are deeply discounted and a great way to get a cheap getaway to Ely, MN. Come back soon!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We found this resort on the internet. It was a quick decision to book a week and we just returned today. Timber Wolf Lodge is a resort for those who enjoy the outdoors. If you are looking for a luxury resort go elsewhere. If you are looking for a "cabin" feel then consider this your spot. When we arrived we found the cabin very clean. We loved the fact that the cabins were quite private and you and your neighbors had your own privacy because the cabins were secluded by woods. We stayed in Cabin 5 and the screened in porch was my favorite place to read a book, look out over the lake or have a quiet conversation with my husband. In Cabin 5 the bedrooms are quite small with just enough room to walk around the bed. The cabins are not air-conditioned but no worries as the evenings are quite cool and there was always a gentle breeze blowing thru. Perhaps one of the best assets this resort has is it's staff! They answered any question you had and made you feel very welcomed and cared for. They were always busy bringing you free wood, emptying the garbage or whatever else needed to be done. Angela does a nice job on the special free "adventures" she offers. The swimming beach is wonderful. One thing to note is that on the resort map the lakeside cabins may appear to be at beach level but the are not. It requires a few steps down to the beach. We loved the time on the lake and taking out the Kayak. Ely is just 10 miles away and we loved the Tuesday night Blue Grass Music that was free at the Front Porch coffee shop. If I could suggest one thing it may be to bring your own sheets....they advertise luxurious bedding but I didn't find that to be true. We were thankful we threw in our sheets as theirs were a bit thin and nubby.....no big deal if that is all I can find to constructively criticize! Thanks for a great week Timber Wolf Lodge and staff!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Timber Wolf L, Owner at Timber Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Woody47 -

We were so glad to be able to host you for your 35th Anniversary! Thank you for your kind words about our cabins. And thanks for noticing the attentiveness of our staff. When a guest compliments our staff --- well those are some of the best words that an owner can hear!

I'm glad you enjoyed our high degree of privacy at TWL. Yes Cabin 5 is a great private little spot - and the screen porch is the perfect setting for a good book and a little reprieve. I'm also glad that you took in the local fare and happenings in Ely. Such a great city....

I will look into your concern over the linens. When you describe them I wonder if our housekeepers mistakenly placed the wrong sheets on your Sleep Number Bed before your arrival. Anyhow we are looking into it and really appreciate you letting us know. We can only improve as our guests point out these details to us. Thank you for sharing your concern.

BTW - we just launched a new Last Minute Deals page on our website. It offers last-minute cancellations at really deep discounts.... so if you are ever up for a quick Ely getaway please keep that in mind.

Again - thank you for your kindness to all of us at Timber Wolf Lodge! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

You will see a review by Nick V. below in which he praises your facilities. He mentioned that his mother-in-law was coming for a visit and wanted to see this area. He, my daughter and I spent two glorious days at the lodge and it was totally fantastic! The surroundings were beautiful. The cabin was clean, the rooms well done. My only problem is at my age, I got the bunk bed and now I take pity on my daughters having them in their youth! This is not a complaint believe me! It was so quiet and peaceful - no traffic jams, no noisy neighbors. All we could hear were the loons on Bear Lake and the birds in the morning. The sunset was gorgeous both nights and at sunrise, I would sit on the picnic bench and just listen to the world come to life. We sat on the dock and shot many pictures.

I grew up in central IL but have lived in MO, TX, AZ and now am a resident of south central KY. I love KY for its beauty but nothing could compare to the Timber Wolf Lodge area!

If I possibly can (and the family will put up with me again, I would dearly like to come back again. I brought home many memories of the Ely area - Wolf Center, Bear Center, the neat shops, the great food - but I enjoyed most of all just that little cabin in the woods. Thank you for making my stay so enjoyable! Sandi G.

Room Tip: I can't think of a thing. I only saw this one cabin, next time hope to be a little closer to the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sandra G -

When we got the call that you would be joining Nick & Shelly and that it was your first adventure to Ely we were really pleased! Nick & Shelly are such great folks - and they are some of our biggest champions at Timber Wolf Lodge! I'm glad you enjoyed Cabin 8. Next time we'll try to upgrade you so that you can have your own Sleep Number Bed too!

Thanks for noticing our peaceful surroundings and privacy. We are proud that we don't stack our cabins on top of each other - that we give a lot of room for privacy to each family.

You'll have to ask Shelly to email some pictures to us. Last year we were able to share some of her best work with our Facebook friends. She's got a great eye for photography!

Come see us again Sandra. We'll leave the light on for ya! :)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ely
The Lodge at Giant's Ridge
Silver Rapids Lodge
Silver Rapids Lodge
#29 of 35 in Ely
White Iron Beach Resort

Been to Timber Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!