“Quick dinner”

Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed October 12, 2012

good selection of local beers, pleasant servers. Food was good, servings very generous. The bar is separate from the dining area. All the food establishments are non-smoking.

There are newer reviews for Boathouse Brewery

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was disappointed with our experience after reading all of the good reviews prior to our trip. We ate there for an early dinner 4:45ish. The tables in the bar area were full so we sat ourselves. We were greeted promptly and we asked about the beers on tap. Our server gave us a hand written list but told us she would need it back. I ordered the beer battered Walleye, my husband ordered the Ribeye special and our daughter ordered the steak chimichanga (sp?). While I really enjoyed the Cheesy chicken ranch soup and the french fries were amazing, that's were the positive ends. The breading on the walleye was overly crispy on the outside and the entire inside, fish and breading, was mushy. My husband's steak was medium rare instead of medium well and his side was incorrect. When we flagged down our server, she corrected the side and did eventually have the steak cooked longer (maybe to medium) but she never came to ask if we needed anything else or how everything was. I find it sad that the chimi was the best thing we tried. My second choice had been a burger and I wish I would have tried that instead as $20.99 is too much to pay for bad fish.

1  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Food was decent and the beer I had (IPA) was really good. The blonde beer (forget the exact name) that my brother ordered was pretty bad though, so I would caution against that one.
Pretty standard tourist town markup on menu prices, but server was very nice.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Really friendly staff, great local beer and good food - very organic and simply preparred. We stopped there twice

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We knew it was going to be good because this place was packed! I ordered a typical burger with fries and it didn't disappoint. The staff was attentive and we got our meal quickly. The blueberry pie rocked, too!

Been to Boathouse Brewery? Share your experiences!