“Coffee for the road”

Front Porch Coffee & Tea Company
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Ely
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Last stop after a day trip to Ely. I had a cup of brewed coffee, my friend had a fancy latte. We shared a slice of cake. Both drinks were fresh, hot and tasty. The cake was rich and flavorful. The highlight was the two guys behind the counter. Friendly enough to make us feel welcome and quick to get our order up. It was not a busy time of day. We sat on the outdoor porch and one of them checked on us once to be sure we were happy (we were). I thought that was a nice touch for a place that offers counter service, only. This is not my first visit here and won't be the last.
There's a mug rack near the counter and each mug is marked with a name. My guess is these are the local regulars who stop in often. An indicator that this is the place to be.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had breakfast here two days ... both times fabulous. Also really appreciated the free wifi - and was able to catch up with emails with my mini ipad.
A great atmosphere, very friendly staff and good selection of vegetarian food. There is also a lovely area to eat outside. A small gift shop with pottery and some very unique coffee mugs and other items.
Loved this place and wish we had a similar place at home!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I asked a local to recommend a vegetarian restaurant and she suggested we try this place. It's a coffee house, with lunch items like wraps and homemade soups. We ordered the broccoli-wild rice quiche and it was delicious. We were also planning to head into the BWCA so knew we'd be without internet for a while, so caught up on our emails while we were there. It's a very cozy place and obviously a local hangout. We went back to Ely a few nights later and a band was playing on the porch and half the town showed up with their chairs, the street was blocked off to traffic. So this is obviously a very important hangout in Ely!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

great fresh food, very nice and friendly staff, prompt service, free wifi!! Good for breakfast and lunch
can sit outside as well, very nice atmosphere

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stopped in while waiting to meet up with friends in Ely. Had a scone and some hot chocolate. Both were great. I have stopped in before and had soup which was awesome! Bought some internet time, caught up on email as I was staying in an area with no internet. They also have wifi if you bring your own device. Friendly staff, cozy relaxing surroundings, comfy couches. Like many places in Ely it was a mixture of locals and tourists that seem to co-exist very well. All kinds of home made things! Why can't there be a place like this where I live?

Been to Front Porch Coffee & Tea Company? Share your experiences!