“Great Family Get away”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ely
Timber Trail Lodge and Outfitter
Ranked #5 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Ely
atlanta
“Great Family Get away”
Reviewed January 12, 2009

We first visited TTL several years ago and try to make it back to the Ely area ever few years. This year we took a much needed family vacation during Thanksgiving. We have a large family and there were 7 us in one cabin. TTL had a newer winterized cabin that fit our needs perfectly. We had plenty of space for everyone. We had the time to be a family, cook, play board games, hang out and yet everyone had thier own space to get away for private time. we stayed just over a week and enjoyed every minute. The staff were very helpful with all our needs and requests. very pleasent and fun to see again. We will go back for sure.

jt from atl.

• Liked — remote locaton provided for a very relaxing vacation
  • Disliked — can't think of anything negative.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank 03k1200rs

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
iowa
Reviewed September 24, 2008

We were very happy with our experience at timber trail lodge. The staff were very nice and the cabin was very nice and clean. I would like to visit again sometime. Stay in the Aspen cabin!

• Liked — cabin/lake
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank beedubyaa
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed July 20, 2008

My wife and I stayed at Timber Trail Lodge and really enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and great facility. The location is on a nice quiet lake with direct access to the BWCA through South Farm Lake or the Kiwishiwi River. The staff was friendly and helpful and the cabin was clean. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2008
Oklahoma
Reviewed April 5, 2008

Our family has been coming to Ely on vacations for more than 12 years. We stayed at three different resorts and a major hotel in Ely until eight years ago when a local resident suggested we try the Timber Trail Lodge. That was the best recommendation ever. Now we stay at the Timber Trail Lodge during every visit to Ely.

The setting on Farm Lake is beautiful. Many of the cabins are right next to lake where you can see wildlife and watch dog sledding and ice fishing in the winter months. I've spent hours in the Basswood cabin watching it snow on the lake during many Decembers.

The cabins are nice, clean, well kept, with fully equipped kitchens where you can fix all your favorite meals. You also can drive right up to the cabins and unload all gear needed for a week or two of vacation. This is a big asset. Some of the cabins like Basswood where we stay also are handicap accessible, and this is great for those who need ramps and walk-in showers. Also, the cabin has a large porch facing Farm Lake allowing those who can't move around easily to enjoy outdoor events and watch activities in the area.

Since Timber Trail Lodge is family owned and operated, the guests receive special care. As a business person who travels constantly, it is very nice to stay at a facility where you are treated as family. I have not found anything the Forsberg family won't do for its guests. For example, even when on vacation, I have to conduct business, and there are no issues when I need to participate in conference calls and access email daily using my laptop up at the lodge. What a nice option for those of us who want to get away and enjoy the outdoors, but also are required to "stay connected" while on vacation.

I would recommend Timber Trail Lodge to those who want a nice, fun-filled vacation where you can be as busy as you want with all the lake and outdoor activities or sit quietly in a cabin, listen to the local Ely radio station, read a book or just watch the beauty outside during the quiet winter months.

Linda in the Midwest

• Liked — Nice, clean cabins right on lake with many outdoor activities. Open during winter months also.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Midwest_Traveler1907
Midwest
Reviewed March 27, 2008

Would never stay here again. Made you feel like you were an inconvenience from the moment you stepped onto the property. Very unhelpful and to be honest...rude.

• Liked — View
  • Disliked — The owners
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
7 Thank Billlaaa
TimberTrail, Owner at Timber Trail Lodge and Outfitter, responded to this review, April 17, 2008
As regards the review "Horrible Service" we as the owners question wheather this individual and their family were ever physically at our resort. We believe this review is in response to a phone conversation with a person we elected to hang up on, and with whom we chose not to continue the conversation due to comments that were being made.
ely
Reviewed March 28, 2007

As a family, we stayed 2 weeks at Timber Trail Lodge, and had a great time. Not only is the Ely area beautiful, it is blessed with so many nice people. The owners and staff at Timber Trail was great, making sure we were comfortable, had everything we needed and expected. They are very professional, but very down to earth, knowing what their customers want, and realizing how inportant this time is for their customers. I will stay with them again, and will of course highly reccomend them to all my friends. The kids had a great time swimming, fishing, cooking over a campfire, and yes, eating fresh caught fish! The cabins are very neat, clean, and well kept. Great place!!

Stayed July 2006
3 Thank fatguide
Metairie, La.
Reviewed January 23, 2007

About 1991 or so I mde my first trip to Ely and stayed at Timbertrail. I went back for the next ten years or so and had nothing but good times. every year. I was treated like family. I shared meals at times,I watched TV in the lounge with Bill Forsberg & his sons. At no time wasi I disappointed. The only reason I have not been back recently is because of my health. I will be 80 years old this May and have a problem with my legs and walking. We went howling with the wolves and walking in the forest.

I spent my three weeks vacation in December & January and lovedthe snow & absolutely gorgeous scenery. I made several friends there and still communicate with them Alot of people there didn't know me personally but knew of me. I even had the local newspaper (Ely Echo) snap my picture in a snow fall. Ely is the closest thing to heaven I can imagine. When my time comes If I can';t make it to heaven I'll ask St. Peter to let me go to Ely.
Harry Eddlestone