“I guess they don't serve everyone!!!”
Review of Sunshine Depot

Sunshine Depot
Ranked #14 of 52 Restaurants in Elk River
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed February 8, 2012

So a black guy, asian guy and a guy from Pakistan walks into a bar. No this not the beginning line of a joke. The is exactly what happened. Myself and two co-workers walk into the depot after dinner and go to the bar and wait for drinks. A burly female bartender says I'll be right with you. She asks a few other people at the bar if they wanted beers and they refused because they had beers. Then she leaves the bar to wipe down tables that no one was waitinfg for. Then comes back to the bar and tells me she'll be right with me again. and then serves a person who had just walked up to bar after me and pretty much ignores us. After about 5mins. of waiting for drinks, as she did everything but offer us drinks we finally got a clue and left. Very poor service, awfully rude. We reco mend this place to an enemy.

2  Thank cgj0198

Reviewed January 17, 2012

The Sunshine Depot has great food and a great staff!! Highly recommended!!

1  Thank Pbeatles
Reviewed September 23, 2011

My husband and I stopped in for lunch. It was a Friday so we both ordered the all you can eat fish. When our plates arrived I took a bite of my fish and it was ok, I then went on to butter my dinner roll when I noticed it had mold on it. I called the waitress over quietly as to not make a scene and informed her of this discovery. Her reply was what angered me most she said "Yeah these things happen, I'll get you a new bun" and reached toward my plate. I said "seriously, my fish and fries were piled onto this plate with a moldy bun, I really dont want any of it anymore" She gave me a look of disgust and asked if she should have a new plate made...are you kidding me? I moved the plate toward her and told her I didnt want it and added she may as well take his plate too. She actually asked if he wanted it boxed to go! She took the plates away and brought us a bill for the root beer and lemonade we had ordered. As we were paying the bill she said "You know we would have made you another plate" I said in return "I came in for a quick lunch, I spent 6 dollars on 2 beverages that we barely touched, because seriously, it you were me and were served moldy bread in a restaurant would you ever want anything from there again?and will now be going elsewhere to eat lunch" all she could say was "Well that's your choice" No apology...No nothing...had this been my restaurant i would have said something like "Oh my, This has never happened before, I am so sorry, how can I fix this for you?" Instead now I get to leave a review, post this on my facebook for all of my local Elk River friends to read...and all it cost was 6 bucks for a root beer and a lemonade :) Never will I return!

5  Thank easytoplease43037
Reviewed June 12, 2011

This is a good hometown bar atmosphere with great burgers, sandwiches , and daily specials ! If your in the mood for something different try the hobo burger.

2  Thank cyclesngear