“Great place for family get together or trip with kids”

Holiday Inn Minneapolis NW-Elk River
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Elk River
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here for my daughters birthday and held her birthday party at the Wild Woods Water park. The birthday package was great! The pizza was surprisingly good, the hostess was very attentive and came by often to ensure we had everything we needed. We had the party area for 2 hours, and they advised us right away to locate a table outside of the party area, so when we had to move we could just transition smoothly. This was very helpful as the place was busy. They provided towels for everyone and the change rooms had lockers in them. They waterpark was great. Smaller than Waterpark of America, but easier to keep track of the kids here. The hotel staff were kind and asked often if we had everything we needed. We would stay here again with the kids.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
GPike, Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis NW-Elk River, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

We_Visit,

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience at the hotel and waterpark, our team really appreciates to hear that their excellent customer service skills are noticed by our guests!

I will make sure to share your comments with the team, and we look forward to serving you again.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Minneapolis NW-Elk River

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My two sons and I stayed one night. It was pretty expensive for one night, but it included four water park passes and a free pizza. They loved the waterpark, but the breakfast was terrible. All the food was cold and my son almost ate a moldy donut. We will stay there again but we won't eat there.

Room Tip: 3rd floor parking lot rooms are noisy....bar across the street has loud outdoor music....
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Smrathman
GPike, Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis NW-Elk River, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Smrathman,

I am happy to see that your family enjoyed the hotel and water park. I will speak with our F&B team to discuss your breakfast comments. I am surprised by the issue with the donut as those are delivered fresh each week.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Been here probably 25 times and still go back! The room was comfy but the bathroom could've been cleaned a little better. Water park was fun, my kids always have a blast! The food was great, sometimes it's a hit or miss but this time it was a hit!

• Stayed: October 2013
GPike, Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis NW-Elk River, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

G U,

Thank you very much for your kind remarks about your recent stay with us. We really do appreciate your continued patronage at the hotel and water park.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Waterpark over crowded with no where to sit at 4:30pm!! There was a wedding reception and it was VERY LOUD AT 11pm and we were on the 3rd floor and could hear it! Water park water cold with no where for kids to warm up - not allowed in a "kid friendly" hot tub as there was only an adult one. Rules not enforced by lifeguards- nerving. Surprised no continental breakfast :(.
Holiday inn corporate should be ashamed of this location

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Justash13
GPike, Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis NW-Elk River, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Justash,

I would like to apologize for your experience at the Holiday Inn and Wild Woods Water Park this past weekend. We strive to make all of our guest's experience a positive one. I will check with our maintenance team to see if we had an issue with the water temp in the water park as this the first I have heard of the issue.

We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

If you expect to sleep while here, you must insist on a room as far away from the parking lot as possible if you're here during temperate weather (probably not a problem in the winter). The restaurant across the parking lot has a license to play loud music until midnight, any night they choose. The hotel has not been successful in their complaints to the city. Setting aside the issue of noisy rooms if one is on the parking lot side, in general it's a nice hotel with friendly, helpful staff. The rooms are huge. Families come here to enjoy the attached water park and kids under 12 eat free off the kids menu.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank ip_diva
GPike, Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis NW-Elk River, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you of your wonderful comments regarding our great, friendly staff, and large, comfortable rooms. Our staff strives to make each guest comfortable while visiting with us. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the entertainment across the lot. Unfortunately, we do not have any control over the events they hold, but not for a lack of trying.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Front desk staff was friendly for how busy they were. Our room was nice and clean and the waterpark was a blast, my son had a wonderful time. Took a little long to get our pizza, but we were having to much fun to complain. Waterpark is awesome, but the side for the smaller kids was REALLY cold, my son's lips were blue the entire time and we had to get out frequently to warm up.
We went to the restaurant for dinner and I was a little surprised by who I assumed to be an employee, but would never of known by the way she was dressed (pants rolled up and tattoos all over her legs, arms and chest). She was very loud and appeared to be upset with one of the waitresses, then she went storming to the back. My son kept asking if she was mad, I told him she was just talking loud. Our server was very friendly and the food was awesome. Maybe we are wrong about who this person was because I could not imagine your hotel allowing tattoos and this type of dress in the restaurant.
We decided to check out your breakfast before we left the next morning, so this time I paid more attention. Everyone had name tags. Our server Cindy, was smiley and nice. Another gal, Kandis, came by and asked us how everything was.
Other than the lady who was yelling, we had a good experience and will definately be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
GPike, Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis NW-Elk River, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Robyn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your visit with us, I am pleased to hear that your accommodations were comfortable and clean. I will have our maintenance team check on the kiddie pool water temp to make sure it is at a comfortable level. I am a bit surprised at the description of perhaps one of our employees, we definitely enforce a uniform dress code for our team. I will share your comments with our F&B Manager.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The people who work the front desk were great and when I complained offered to have my room redone. The room was barely cleaned when we returned, the bed was half done, they left trash there and have us one bath towel which was barely hung on the rack. I came down and showed a picture to the front desk and they immediately offered to have someone clean out rooms again but we were in the hotel for a friend's wedding and had our stuff in the room. The front desk people were awesome they just need to get their cleaning staff in line on how to clean a room.

• Stayed: August 2013
GPike, Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis NW-Elk River, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I would like to apologize for the condition of your guest room. I will be sharing your comments with our housekeeping team to make sure these issues are addressed and corrected. I am glad to see our guest service team was able to assist you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk River
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rogers
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#1 of 1 in Ramsey

Been to Holiday Inn Minneapolis NW-Elk River? Share your experiences!