Holiday Inn Minneapolis NW-Elk River
ComfortSuites
$65
$82
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswater parkkids eat freelazy riverwaterpark passesfun zonetoilet bowlhotel waterparkping pongstayed at the holiday innnice perkdouble tubeon site restaurantqueen suiteunderground parkingfront desk staffnice stayexercise room
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We rented a two queen quite for our dtrs B-day party (she brought six friends) and then a two queen standard room for ourselves. The two queen suite was only an additional $20 but not much bigger and the wall dividing the LR from the BR made it seem kind of small though it was sufficient. The standard room almost seemed larger. The beds were EXTREMELY comfortable. The staff-though we had very little to do with them-was very accomodating. It was a weekend of spring break so it was very busy and we were not the only ones with alot of kids, so very family friendly. There was an arcade so when the kids had done all the slides, this also gave them an alternative. Everything was cleaned and kept up. It worked well for us. we will be back:)

Room Tip: standard room is better than a suite
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jill008
GPike, Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis NW-Elk River, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and our staff was able to assist you as needed.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I was extremely disappointed this time in the Holiday Inn. They double charged our family for the water park usage and when I booked reservations for the Hotel, I booked 2 rooms and asked for them to be by each other. I got 2 rooms, each at a different end of the hotel. The dressing room for the water park was very dirty. My granddaughter was walking down the hall to the pool and someone had propped open the door to the men's changing room. She got an eye full of adult men changing. It seemed to me that kids were running the pool area and also the front desk. Last time we had a really good experience, but this time it was different. I called the hotel about the double charging of my credit card and found out they not only charged me 2 times but some stranger's room for my pool useage. I really think the hotel needs to have an adult supervising the operations.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rafannon
GPike, Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis NW-Elk River, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

I am disappointed to hear that your recent visit was less than satisfactory. At your convenience, please contact me directly at the hotel so I can discuss the situation in detail and make sure everything is taken care of to your satisfaction.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Our youth group from my church goes to this location every year early march for a winter retreat and I can honestly say that there probably isn't a better place to go! The only problem was that the elevator had a slight mis-function but that was really the only downfall of the entire weekend! Thanks for making our winter retreats so memorable.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
GPike, Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis NW-Elk River, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Hey Jack,

It was our pleasure to serve your group again this year, we enjoy having the group in for your retreat. We have had the elevator company to check out the cars and they are all good to go!!

Glad to hear you had a great time!

Reviewed March 4, 2012

My husband and I took our grandkids, ages 9 and 5, for a getaway at the hotel/waterpark. It was wonderful from check-in to check-out. Front desk staff was welcoming and friendly, the room was great (we had a 2 room suite) and the waterpark was fantastic! We booked the package that included pizza and pop, and the pizza was homemade and delicious. We were really glad to have made that choice, eating poolside, rather than having to go out to dinner. It seemed to be really busy at the hotel, but our room was quiet and everyone had a great night's sleep. This is our 3rd trip to different waterpark hotels with grandkids, and the best. You can't beat the 4-story waterslides, and such a great atmosphere. We will certainly go back again.

Room Tip: Fourth floor was recommended by the front desk as super quiet (no one above you), and they were right!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelhappy025
GPike, Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis NW-Elk River, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we are so delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable!

I agree, it is nice to be able to dine in the water park and not have to get dried off and change clothes to eat in the restaurant. I am happy to hear you all enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Having to travel to Minnesota in January and February might not seem like the ideal option for a businesman, but the staff at the Holiday Inn - Elk River warmed up the climate for a travel weary guy. Heidi, Greg and the staff at the Front Desk were very attentive to our check-in and needs, Sandra and Beth in the lounge were pleasant and made you feel at home, and Jocelyn in the Sales office made our meeting arrangements simple and accomodating. The rooms were tastefully appointed and comfortable and the showers were better than home. Even though the weekends are crowded with the younger group for the water park, the staff tries to maintain decorum while making sure that everyone has a good time.

I will be a regular traveller to the area for business, and I will look forward to each and every trip there. Thanks for the experience, all.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank EpacWeb
GPike, Manager at Holiday Inn Minneapolis NW-Elk River, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2012

WOW! Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback from your recent stay! Our team strives to provide a high level of service to all of our guests, and it is nice to know that our efforts are noticed. I will share these comments with the entire team so that they know that their efforts are appreciated.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.