“Happy Grandchildren!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Zimmerman, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Happy Grandchildren!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

On Monday January 20, 2014 I took my three grandchildren to the waterpark, their ages are 13, 9 and 7, I wanted to find something that would interest all three of them. When we arrived I purchased their passes and they changed into their swim suits. The Women's locker room is very small and confined, we had a difficult time finding an open locker to store my
granddaughters clothing. We proceeded to the waterpark area and they quickly started enjoying the attraction. The waterpark was very busy due to a school holiday in honor of Martin Luther King Day, it was difficult to find a place to sit and after searching for a few minutes I found a table
with one chair at the very end of the pool area. The environment was pleasant and my grandchildren seemed to be enjoying themselves. We decided to have lunch at the waterpark instead of going elsewhere after seeing several people order pizza and pop, the pizza looked
appetizing and we were hungry. The concession stand had only one person assisting guests and at times the line was long. I placed my order and was told it would take approximately 15 minutes, I waited about 25 minutes for our food however, when I picked up the pizza it was freshly made, hot and cheesy! After lunch the kids continued to enjoy the water. When we got ready to leave we encountered the same problem in the Women's locker room, it was crowded
and there wasn't enough room to access the locker area to obtain personal belongings. I try to plan different outings with my grandchildren such as movies, restaurants, shopping etc., this was
a nice change for them. My overall rating for the day is a 7 1/2 out of 10. The food was good, the environment was fun and the only thing missing was the sun, burr! Living in Minnesota during long winter months can be boring, thank goodness indoor waterparks were invented.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Nancy C

Elk River, Minnesota
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“family fun for value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Simple place but enough to keep families and kids occupied for a while for a reasonable rate.
We've even brought our church youth group there for about 3 hours of fun--kept teens happy, but the place is even better for younger kids. It "ain't" Wisconsin Dells but a nice alternative if you live nearby or are visiting the area.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank bluerev1
Buffalo, Minnesota
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great waterpark for the kids!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

The place was clean and well kept. There were several lifeguards and a good amount of staff. This place is great for birthday parties. The pizza's were bigger than expected and baked onsite. Over all we were pleasantly surprised. Two thumbs up!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank WeVisitTheWorld1996
Champlin, Minnesota
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Decent waterpark for families in the North Metro area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is a good waterpark, especially given it's location. It's probably the best for young children through tween years; older kids would find the lack of "big" slides boring after a while.

The concession stand is adequate and pretty typical of the venue. There is a gluten-free pizza available if you ask, but if you're super-sensitive you might have to check how it's prepared.

We have had birthday parties at the water park, which was a wonderful experience. The staff there is extremely helpful and nice! The only downside is the tables and chairs fill up quickly, so once you lose your reserved area when your party time is up, it can be tough to find a place to put your stuff, unless you are staying at the hotel.

The bathroom/changing area is a nightmare. Everyone goes into the bathroom stalls to change, as the locker area doesn't have any spot to sit down or room to change. If you don't get there early, all the lockers will be full, and all the tables/chairs in the waterpark will be full. I would REALLY like to see the hotel address this issue.

The rooms seem to be pretty average. We only stayed in the bottom-priced room, so maybe the more pricey ones are nicer. My overall impression was "meh" but it's a place to sleep after the kids are done swimming. I did think their prices were high, even with supposed "deals" and such.

As for the restaurant, skip it. The food was terrible, and there weren't many choices. One of my children doesn't eat wheat/gluten, and she ended up eating only a few pieces of fruit. Skip eating at the hotel, and go to one of the nearby restaurants or drive a little further into Rogers and eat there.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank jeepifer
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Had a very good time in water park. They only thing bad I could say is I wish there were more tubes we had to wait a long time to get one. Kids had a very good time. If your staying in the hotel the best time to go in is in the am when the water park opens.

Visited January 2013