“Customer Service Done Right” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk River

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk River
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Elk River
Roseville, Minnesota, United States
“Customer Service Done Right”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

After a terrible customer service issue at the Country Inn & Suites in Shoreview, Tara was a great help in assisting my brother with getting a whirlpool suite for his birthday - which was the original plan at the one in Shoreview - but they were overbooked and sent my brother to Elk River - not anywhere close - but at least better customer service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cheri S, Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk River, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Kendra,

Thank you so much for your positive words about your experience here. We really pride ourselves on offering good customer service and helping out our guests any way we can. We hope to see you or your family here again soon!

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had a good overall stay. Night staff was very friendly but morning staff was a little rude. The room was OK, but the bathroom needed a remodel. Peeling wall paper in and by bathroom. The price was good for just an overnight stay. The beds were old and you could feel the springs in the mattress. The pool area was nice but crowded with kids for a Saturday night. Breakfast was good but just had microwave style eggs and sausages for the hot food. The waffle maker was good along with the other cereal items. Overall an OK stay but this place needs some room re-modeling. I would recommend for a night or 2 but nothing long term.

Room Tip: Check out the Holiday in down the road a couple of miles or search the nearest town for better motel...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cheri S, Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk River, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Wltraveler2000,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are glad that your stay was good overall, and we will work toward exceeding your expectations during your next stay!

Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel regularly over the past 5 years. We return because of the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms, the helpfulness of the staff, from check-in to check-out, the breakfast being included, and the convenience of the location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cheri S, Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk River, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Ron,

We are delighted that you and your wife return regularly and that you find our hotel clean and comfortable! Our staff makes a sincere effort to be helpful, and we are glad your recent experience here was so positive. We are looking forward to your next visit!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

My family and I stayed over Easter Weekend, it was a nice stay, when we finally crawled into bed we realized both beds had cigarette burns in the bedspreads, I also noticed a few other things that were not up to my expectations when I mentioned them to the front desk the staff their took care of my concerns immediately and later after stopping back at the desk for a key the staff memeber at desk mentioned that they did take care of my concerns and I didn't even have to say anything. I also am a Manager at a hotel and I truly believe that this staff did a great job. They keep the breakfast area clean, my kids had such a fun time in the pool and even though it would be nice to have the pillow top mattress beds I actually slept very well. I would definately stay here again and I plan too. I really like the sign at the desk about the debit cards being over authorized so much in fact we are implementing that sign at our desk. Thank you to the Staff at the Country Inn.. You did a great job!

Jennifer R-

Room Tip: With kids-ask for a room on the first floor it's close to the pool, without kids, Ask for room u...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cheri S, Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk River, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Jennifer,

We are happy that you and your family had a great time during your stay. Thank you for bringing the bedspreads and your other concerns to our attention. Our staff takes a lot of pride in their excellent customer service, and I am glad we were able to address all of your needs. I’d be happy to email the sign from the front desk to you. We look forward to having you here again soon!

Saint Peter, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our team stayed at this hotel for a tournament that was being held nearby in Princeton. I spoke with Carol a few different times to coordinate our stay and she was very friendly and helpful. She did a wonderful job booking our block of rooms and Cheri helped to give us a good group rate. We had a very pleasant stay. The teens used the pool and some of the adults used the hot tub from 10 pm - 12 pm. The breakfast was very good and there were plenty of options to choose from. The staff was friendly and checking in and out of the hotel was easy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cheri S, Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk River, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Mary,

Thank you so much for your comments about your recent stay with us. Carol and I are very happy that we were able to help coordinate your team’s visit. We are glad you appreciated the pool and hot tub, and that you found plenty of choices in our Be Our Guest Breakfast. We hope to see you and the team again soon!

Seneca, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband was staying here for work and we drove up to be with him. The first thing I noticed was the smell of smoke and some other noxious scent, maybe musty? Even though all the rooms say no smoking on the 3rd floor ( where we were at) I could smell smoke and people openly smoked while walking through the halls. We had a suite which was decent, some others were bigger than ours though. Pull out couch bed in main area and king size bed in separate room was nice. Great breakfast, not overly friendly staff, big pool area with large hot tub. Fitness center was tiny with broke down treadmills... They both made weird noises and one of the belts was getting shredded on one side, dangerous! A pungent automatic spray air freshener that made it impossible to breath was another problem, I had to ask the front desk to take out the spray so I could breathe ... I wouldn't recommend for long term stay but would be tolerable for a night...

• Stayed March 2013
Andrea,

First of all, thank you for your review and for the information that you have provided regarding your stay. We firmly believe that feedback is the only way that we can continue to improve our hotel and our guests’ experience. To address your positive feedback, thank you for the kind comments about our Be Our Guest Breakfast and the indoor pool and whirlpool area.

As for the things we can improve upon, we address any odor issues as soon as we are made aware of them. We do not allow smoking in the hallways, so I am sorry you experienced that. We are evaluating the air freshener system in the Fitness Center, and I have asked our maintenance staff to assess the treadmill. When you next visit, we hope that our facility will exceed your expectations.

Please contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to speak further about your stay.

Elk River, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

The room was clean and spacious. The staff downstairs was very professional and really tried to make the stay as pleasant as possible. This means allot to me as I spend allot of time on the road. This is the 2nd time with the chain in MN and both times were awesome. The other one was at Little Falls. I had the suite with separated living space and it was spacious. Breakfast was better than other hotels of equal grade.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cheri S, Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk River, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are delighted that you found the room comfortable and spacious. I will pass on your comments about the staff to our team. We are very proud of our Be Our Guest Breakfast, so we are glad you enjoyed it as well.

Please “like” us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay informed of our upcoming specials. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Cheri Singleton, Sales Manager
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rogers
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Albertville
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Princeton
Crossings by GrandStay Inn and Suites Becker

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk River? Share your experiences!