“Very friendly and accommodating staff”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk River
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Elk River
Elk River, Minnesota, United States
“Very friendly and accommodating staff”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The room was clean and spacious. The staff downstairs was very professional and really tried to make the stay as pleasant as possible. This means allot to me as I spend allot of time on the road. This is the 2nd time with the chain in MN and both times were awesome. The other one was at Little Falls. I had the suite with separated living space and it was spacious. Breakfast was better than other hotels of equal grade.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cheri S, Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk River, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are delighted that you found the room comfortable and spacious. I will pass on your comments about the staff to our team. We are very proud of our Be Our Guest Breakfast, so we are glad you enjoyed it as well.

Please “like” us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay informed of our upcoming specials. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Cheri Singleton, Sales Manager
CElkRiverMN@CarlsonRezidor.com
facebook.com/elkrivercountry
twitter.com/CountryInn_ELKR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
iron range, MN
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were guests here on the same night a wedding party was booked. We normally do not complain or let most stuff bother us. At about midnight, the wedding party came back to the hotel and turned the whole place into a giant party. They partied not only in their rooms but also in the hallways, namely in front of our room. The party didn't stop until about 4 am. Where was the hotel night worker? Why, he was right at the bottom of the stairs at the desk, which was in plain site of our door and in plain site of the people gathering in front of our door.

When we checked out in the morning, we asked for and spoke to a manager. She heard our story and shrugged her shoulders while telling us "sorry, there is nothing I can do for you". She stated the reason being that we booked our hotel on priceline. We still payed money for the room and they still received money for a room. Her attitude was that they were not responsible for a peaceful night stay since we booked third party. WOW!! How unprofessional! I would've been happy with a coupon for another night stay or even half-off my next night stay(which I probably would've never used).

Naturally, I wasn't satisfied with "sorry, there's nothing I can do for you", so I asked who I could speak with at a higher level. I was told to call back during the week and ask for Yoon, the owner and general manager. I have left several messages to call me back and nothing. Always an excuse or, "She'll call you right away". It has been over a month.

If I would've know it was going to be this terrible, my family and I would've slept in our car! The room wasn't worth one dollar to me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Brandon M
Le Sueur, Minnesota
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed on the 2nd floor. I could here every little noise from the room above. Some noises, were noises my daughter or I didn't want to be awaken too (bed shaking) also we could hear snoring in the next room. The beds were so uncomfortable, I woke up every morning with back aches. No padding on beds, felt like sleeping on springs. I couldn't wait to see my bed again. Spa was very hot it felt good and looked clean. The pool was clean also, but the steps were so slippery when you enter, that I slipped and I have a nice big bruise on my back. For the money, booking thru an internet site it was a good deal. But I would not of paid full price for this hotel. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed two weekends in a row for business. The rooms were very clean. The staff far exceeded in professionalism and friendliness. Carol who works the front desk made our stay PERFECT. She was accommodating and super friendly. Her friendliness and smile will definately make us come back again when in the area. Their breakfast works for anyone who wants a full breakfast to those who want some yogurt and fruit. Coffee always ready. As you can see our stay far exceeded our expectations due largely to the staff who greet you to those who keep it clean.

Room Tip: If you want a fridge in your room and little extra room, the suites are nice.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We have stayed at Country Inn and Suites for several years now, but they are becoming less and less desireable. This one was ok in a pinch. The carpets need cleaning in the room, bathroom was okay but black mold around bath tub grab bar, peeling wall paper and floor could use some work too. The lobby is good and breakfast was good. The pool area was clean. Staff was friendly as they seem to always be in the C & Inns. Beds were good, sheets felt clean and crisp and other linens were good. It's a convenient location. We stayed free with our points but were disappointed no microwave or frig. I guess when you use points you are suppose to expect the most basic room. However, the points as everyone knows don't come with a lot of expense so if that's their philosophy it is not a good one.

Room Tip: Look at your room carefully, especially bathroom before committing.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Don't stay here. This hotel is in poor condition and does not meet it's rating standard. Bed bugs and peeling wallpaper.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SparkyandBuffy
Weston, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We elected to stay with this hotel and got the "Shop and Stay Package-1Bedroom Suite" as we were traveling with our 14 month old, it's nice to have another "area" of the suite for him to have peace and quiet if my husband and I want to watch TV. The room was dated and worn, scraped paint on the walls and the carpet was nasty. The bathroom was covered in peeling wallpaper and didn't have an exhaust fan. We had elected the Shop & Stay package because we wanted to go to the local outlet mall the next day. The Shop and Stay package included (according to the country inn & suites website): “ One $25 Gift Card per room, per night, coupon for Albertville Premium Outlets®, official VIP discount booklet and a Break Bag complete with bottled water, snacks, candy, mall map and more”.

The next day when we went downstairs for the continental breakfast, we were disgusted to find expired yogurt and cheese being offered (we stayed in December, the cheese expired in September), along with some other measly food offerings. After seeing the expired food, we elected to eat at McDonalds instead. When my husband informed the desk staff of the expired food, all we got was a meek little "sorry". When my husband asked about our shop and stay package, the clerk handed my husband a gift card for the outlet mall. "Where's the rest" he asked, referring to our "Break Bag complete with bottled water, snacks, candy, mall map and more". "I've never heard of that" said the desk clerk

We left and will never stay at another Country Inn & Suites

Cambria hotel & suites Maple Grove - Minneapolis
Hampton Inn & Suites Rogers
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Princeton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rogers

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk River? Share your experiences!