“Christmas Spirit”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Edina
Chicago, Illinois
“Christmas Spirit”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I'm finally back at home for some much needed family time after a couple of months of travel. After a couple of dozen hotel rooms and a hundred restaurants and who knows how many pleasant faces of the service industry army, one or two stand out. I was in Minneapolis before the North Pole came to visit them, there for but a few hours at a Residence Inn in Edina. Their shuttle service was busy in the morning when I needed it to return to the airport, and I asked for a taxi. The night person who checked me in, Keith I think his name is, said he would take care of everything. The next morning, I discovered he had arranged an alternate shuttle driver to take me. I used to work at a hotel front desk and know taxi companies often tip hotel clerks. Not only did Keith forfeit that tip, when I tried to tip him myself he said it was part of his job and I should tip the driver, instead. The hotel was fine, nice rooms and a cold shower, not all that unlike the couple of dozen others I visited. I'd like to think the entire staff at the hotel in Edina is like Keith. As Christmas approaches, I'd like to think we all are.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Everett C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Merrillan, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Booked the hotel for a girl's weekend get-away for a friend and I, based on good reviews and the breakfast available. It was close enough to all the shopping we could want, plenty of eating options, but not too close to the highway to be congested. The room exceeded expectations, with a large living room area and two queen beds in a generous bedroom. The stunner was the kitchenette - which had a stove top, nearly full size fridge, and dishwasher! A fridge made keeping some wine and snacks cool much easier than the tiny fridges most hotels offer (when lucky enough to get one). There were even wine glasses and silverware stocked in the cabinets!
The ONLY drawback was the bathroom, which was TINY! Literally felt like a public bathroom stall with a bathtub. Very claustrophobic... but was clean and well kept. Water pressure was also lacking in the shower.

The breakfast was stellar, with everything someone could ask for (except chocolate milk). It was as good as running to a diner or chain place for breakfast, without the hassle or added cost.

While we did not use the pool area or exercise facilities, we did walk through the attached "Edinborough Park" and it made us both feel (almost) guilty for not bringing our kids! The play area was very family friendly.
We also noticed a few people with small dogs in the hotel, which is nice for pet owners traveling!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank short_range_traveler
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed November 14, 2013

On a trip to Minneapolis to see a Twins game, our three family members stayed at Residence Inn-Edina for one night. While it was somewhat difficult to find from the interstate, once found it was a very comfortable, renovated hotel with all the usual amenities, such as complimentary wi-fi and breakfast. Because of its location, I wouldn't recommend it as a very convenient way to attend a Twins game; too far away and we got caught in construction traffic on way to the game. This isn't anything against the hotel, but rather, its location for getting into the city. At other times it might be okay. Returning to hotel at night, we did have to wind our way through the business-park location, to find our way back. I would recommend the hotel with the caveats mentioned above. We definitely got a good nights' sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jjhc123
Santa Cruz, CA
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I had a great experience at this hotel. I loved having the suite and small kitchen. Besides hearing a neighbor talking late one night, it was very quiet. I used the neighboring workout area in the indoor park to work out a couple of mornings.

If business takes me out this way again, I'd definitely choose this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Fruita, Colorado
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I chose this hotel for two reasons, it's location near the Mall of America & the airport and the fact it had a Hertz rental office on site. I'm glad I did because the shuttle service was excellent to both locations and the car rental was easier and less expensive than at the airport. I ended up staying there at the start and end of my vacation making it super easy to return the car and get to the airport. The front desk, especially Billie Davenport, made the whole check-in and reservation process super smooth. The first night I had a king suite but after that I had a double queen, which I actually preferred. Both were very quiet. Breakfast was good, hot cooked oatmeal and many other hot food choices in addition to the waffles and cold cereal. If I am ever in the area again I would definitely choose this hotel.

Room Tip: They have a no pet policy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were very impressed by this residence inn. We received excellent customer service. Jenn was such a rock star! The location was convenient to the airport and downtown. There is a indoor park that is attached to the hotel. The park offers a fitness center, running track and Olympic size pool . The rooms were very nice and clean, I think this hotel recently did a nice renovation. The breakfast was pretty good especially for being included in the price.

Room Tip: These rooms have a kitchenette with a grocery store nearby. Great for families that are looking to p...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Becca D
Chisholm, Minnesota
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I really liked the location of this property. It is away from it all and in a very quiet neighborhood. Two blocks from the 494 strip but you would never know it. Rooms were nice and parking was very close to the door. Impressed with the breakfast in the morning as well. If you are looking for a place close to the airport or Mall of America-check it out!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank mcdonapa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edina
The Westin Edina Galleria
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
Hampton Inn Minneapolis Bloomington West
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W
Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis / Bloomington

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Minneapolis Edina? Share your experiences!