I have never felt compelled to write a review on anything, until staying in the Residence Inn for the 2nd time in 1 year. I'm not sure how much we paid as my brother-in-law has covered our expenses last year & this year, but whatever it was, it was worth EVERY PENNY.
I gave it 5 stars for numerous reasons, which I will list, but the only negative, if I have to list one, is that the air conditioning unit is ridiculously loud - effective, but bothersome if you need to run it while others are sleeping.
NOW, on to the positives!
* COMFORT: seriously, both my husband & I agreed that the linens & comfort of the mattress exceeded our own bed at home - & we love our bed! The hotel is quiet pretty much everywhere we went - wonderful. We had a split room with a master king bed & a "living space" with a kitchenette in the other room. My 2-yr old son slept on the pull-out sofa sleeper - again, I've NEVER laid on a pull-out bed & thought "comfy"! But, again, they exceeded my expectations.
* ENTERTAINMENT: not only is it close to the Mall of America, but it has a wonderful play area with a pool for children, toddlers included! For $5.50 you can get an all-day access pass & run those little legs tired!
* FOOD: "continental breakfast" this is NOT; try FULL breakfast & FULL dinner included in your hotel room price. Yes, there are wonderful restaurants nearby, which is also a plus, but when you've got cranky kids, cranky hubbs, you're exhausted from traveling & it's 6PM - are you really going to get into a car, stand in line, & wait for food....when you can have a wonderfully delicious meal right in the hotel lobby?? Last night we had a delicious chicken dinner with fresh green beans, the yummiest rice pilaf ever, plenty of munchy-type food for the kiddos. For breakfast we had our choice of 2 types of scrambled eggs, french toast, sausage patties, potatoes, fresh fruit, cottage cheese, boiled eggs, 2 types of yogurt, a full array of waffle choices, cold cereal hot cereal, etc. The coffee is gourmet, there's hot chocolate, apple cider, 3 types of juices, etc. Need I say more?? And it's all served on real dinner plates with real cutlery - not a paper plate to be seen in the joint.
I have only stayed at this hotel 2 times, each for just an overnight stay. But I am SOLD on the Residence Inn in Edina. They will always be our first choice when traveling near Minneapolis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Residence Inn by Marriott Minneapolis Edina, we strive to incorporate comfort and value into our on-site guest services and amenities, and we make life easier for travelers by providing them with the following unique features. All of our Edina hotel's guest rooms are spacious suites that are complete with fully equipped kitchens including coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, stove top, dishwasher, and cookware. Guests are welcome to enjoy our complimentary full hot breakfast buffet served each morning from 6:30-9:30 a.m., ss well as our complimentary General Manager’s reception offered Monday through Thursday evenings - which includes a varied menu of hot & cold food served with beer, wine, and soft drinks. We also offer free wireless high-speed Internet throughout our hotel. Our complimentary shuttle service runs from 6 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. to anywhere within 5 miles, including the Mall of America (just 4 miles E of hotel) and the airport. There are voicemail and separate data ports for easy Internet access in every suite and we include a free “USA Today” newspaper available at the Front Desk. Our retail store open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please call today to find out how you can book your next getaway to Edina, Minnesota. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Minneapolis Edina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Minneapolis Edina Hotel Edina
- Residence Inn Edina
- Edina Residence Inn