“Sorry all, this is my 1st poor rating.”

Salut Bar Americain
Reserve with OpenTable
Salut Bar Americain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 101 Restaurants in Edina
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Easy access via the main bus line off of 50th and France.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We dropped in on Saturday night on a double date night as the girls wanted their large hot chocolates after we ate at a much nicer place at the Galleria, but wanted to change venue. They really enjoyed them the hot chocolate. I have been there before and always feel that I spent a little too much money for the food quality, though it does appear to be a place for 35+ people who have some money and don’t worry about spending it. The bar smelled like BO. I’ve been to France and it wasn’t that endearing smell of being in a foreign land. It smelled like they hadn’t properly cleaned the bar and it was gross after a while. The bartender was rude and the bar had 4 open chairs when we arrived at about 8 pm on a Saturday night, so it wasn’t standing room only as I would be more understanding. I had a Stella and bartender put it in a pint glass when the really nice Stella glass was sitting on the shelf....If you read my reviews, I try not to be too fussy. There are some great eateries in Edina so I don’t need to go back again.

There are newer reviews for Salut Bar Americain

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Couldn't get into our first choice last night so we dropped in to Salut. Nice ambiance. It's pretty large but comfortable. The drinks in the bar were great. I asked the bartender to make a drink I had had in the islands a couple of months ago, and he figured it out. Nice job. The wait staff don't rush you here, which I liked. They let us talk and take our time looking over the menu. I had the beet salad first. It was ok, but I've had much better. The beets weren't all that tasty. I'm wondering why they offered it? I had the cassoulet for my main meal. It was also average. Too salty for my tastes. And the meats were not memorable in taste. None really stood out. For $26 I expected much more. I'm not sure what to think of this restaurant. It's a convenient location for those of us on the near west side. But, if this is their best, we'll go elsewhere.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Cool little restaurant in a cool little town. Funky French vibe and the food had a definite French/American feel. French bread tasted authentic and was very good (always important). Started with a greek salad which was really good then I had the "Steak Frites" which gave me a delicious pan-fried steak with a mountain of fresh fries (yum). The interior of the restaurant had high ceilings and it was busy and buzzing. The bar area is right next to the entrance and I would definitely like to sit there for a few drinks. This place is not cheap by any means, but I will definitely go back next time I am in the area.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you are into French/American cuisine, this is the joint for you! They have a great selection of duck, rabbit, foie gras, etc, etc but you can still get a wonderful steak, fish or hamburger. Our friends went nuts for their foie gras mousse (not my thing but they said it was some of the best they ever had!). They have fantastic servers that are very knowledgable about their menu and ingredients but they have an unstuffy, quirky humor. The atmosphere is lively and it is a great place for dates, dinner with friends and families. It is located in the very popular, trendy 50th and France part of Edina/Minneapolis. Be sure to order their french fries with bearnaise sauce!!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Average food with above average prices. Better local places to try for sure. Not terrible, but not great. Two positives: Great outdoor seating and they do have a great loyalty program for the Parasole chain of restaurants.