“Popovers and Salmon!”

Ranked #22 of 113 Restaurants in Edina
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Lakeshore Grill is an old-school department store located in Macy's at Southdale in Edina MN. If I have my facts straight, Southdale is the oldest enclosed shopping center in the U.S, having opened in 1955. The restaurant used to be called Boundary Waters when Dayton's owned the department store, and Macy's wisely kept the restaurant open. It has a small bar area and the restaurant is reminiscent of the time when women were housekeepers and homemakers and would stop here for lunch during a shopping day. Now, there are often as many men as women eating in this fine establishment. My favorites are the Mandarin Salad and the Carmelized Salmon, and of course, each meal comes with those famous popovers, warm and with whipped butter. Monthly specials are chef created. I asked to eat here for my birthday this year. Discount coupons are available at restaurant.com, so you can't go wrong!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We are close to Southdale and eat here a couple times a month. It's very unusual to have to wait for a table. Staff is friendly, efficient and helpful. They have monthly specials that are very good -- like schnitzel in October. Great entrée salads as well. And the popovers are wonderful! Worth a try if you are in the area.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have been coming here for years...even back when it was Boundary Waters inside of Daytons. Recently came for dinner (4) on a Friday night. Great to see how busy the restaurant was. The location can throw you off because it's on the lower level of Macys in Southdale. It really could be a stand alone restaurant because the food is consistently great. Popovers are the best you will find. The meatloaf is fantastic along with their famous wild rice soup. If you are a Restaurant.com user....you can often find deals for this restaurant. I think the prices are very reasonable our bill was about $110 for 4 adults having entrees, salad, wine and dessert.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

4 of us went there for lunch on New Year's Day. Excellent food. Huge popovers. A chicken Caesar Salad was on the menu, but they graciously made a salmon Caesar Salad for me.
We all commented on how many men there were in a Department Store restaurant at lunch.
We'll be back.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

This place is a classic! They hire a certain type of person to provide a certain old fashioned service. We were there at noon and the place was packed but only had to wait about 15 minutes. The popovers are excellent and that's the first thing they bring you. We have been there many times and when I suggested it to my husband this visit he said yes immediately. Everything on the menu is excellent. They have a bite dessert too that is a great idea if you only want a tiny something sweet.

Been to Lakeshore Grill? Share your experiences!