“Cute place, good service, average food”
Review of Arezzo Ristorante

Arezzo Ristorante
Ranked #14 of 101 Restaurants in Edina
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Cute place, good service, average food”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We came in for lunch with a Groupon. The restaurant is a cute little place, completely maxed out with faux-Italian decor but in a cozy way. The whole time we were in the restaurant, it appeared there was only one employee running every front-of-house task: seating newcomers, taking orders, running food, answering the phone, bringing drinks, busing tables, cashiering, etc. I'm not sure if someone else was scheduled and then didn't show or if this is the norm. It did seem like it took a long time for all of our food to come out but we weren't in a hurry and could see the place was minimally staffed. This one employee was very efficient, polite, and friendly, and excited to make recommendations about menu items of interest to us.

We started with an appetizer: Strangolapreti. The menu said it was "oven baked spinach and ricotta dumplings, topped with fresh tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella and grans padano." I guess I saw the word "dumpling" and assumed the spinach/ricotta would come in a shell of some sort - pastry or pasta - but it was actually just a ball of spinach and cheese. It tasted better spread over the bread our server brought us but was not worth the menu price, in our opinion.

We then split the gnocchi entree with four cheese sauce. My husband really liked the gnocchi. I appreciated that the gnocchi was very light and well-made, but the sauce had an almost bitter taste as though one of the four cheeses was just not a cheese I like. We had mentioned we would be splitting this item when we ordered it and the kitchen thoughtfully presented it already divided in half on two plates for us so we would not have to do this ourselves. If I ever come back to this restaurant I think I would try the gnocchi again, but with a different kind of sauce.

We also split the "Pizza con Speck" which was on the list of special items. This was the best of all the food items we ordered, but there are other pizza venues in town with equivalent if not better accomplishments.

I'm not sure if we will come back to this restaurant. Although the atmosphere and service were good, the food is no better than many other restaurants we have tried elsewhere.

• Visited October 2013

“Best Italian”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Everything we had was so full of flavor, it was a delightful treat for my tastebuds. I had the sausage with pasta and tomato sauce. Which was very good. Then had the banana crepe. All in all i would highly reccomend this place

Ashiya, Japan
“Nice neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We got the recommendation from a friend and enjoyed the outdoor seating. The service was friendly and quick. We had in salada caprese and fresh pasta. The creme brûlée was a great finish. Nothing special, but a nice neighborhood restaurant to meet with friends.

• Visited September 2013
Columbia
“Pleasant restaurant”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We actually found this restaurant by looking at reviews on Trip Advisor. The food was excellent and the atmosphere pleasant. I ordered a very good seafood entree and my husband ordered spaghetti and meatballs both of which were great. We will definitely visit again!

• Visited July 2013
Bradenton, Florida
“A find!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had a delightful meal at Arezzo last night. Zuppa di pesce (fish soup) was tasty and full of seafood. The flatbread they serve with meals was also delicious. My wife very much enjoyed her shrimp and pasta in a rich cream sauce. Lemon sorbet was a great ending. Seating on the patio was very pleasant. We will go back.

• Visited July 2013