“Go to Italian Restaurant in the Twin Cities”
Review of Arezzo Ristorante

Arezzo Ristorante
Ranked #13 of 101 Restaurants in Edina
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2012

When we want rustic delicious homemade pasta we go to Arezzo. The black ink fettucine with clams is my husband's favorite and mine is the Tagliatelle di Pollo e pinoli. Both are mouth watering delicious. Skip the polenta. It is ridiculously large and we have had better.

1  Thank TaraMSP
There are newer reviews for Arezzo Ristorante

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We dropped in on a Sat. night and were fortunate to get seat at the bar,when all of a sudden the place filled up with long lines to dine. We were there for a lite dinner consisting of a citrus salad,witch we were to share and came on two plates without asking, two wonderful pasta dishes one cream sauce the other tomato based with sausage. Both were great. Our bartender/server was truly extraordinary juggling all the drink orders and serving all the diners at the bar, giving wonderful personal service to all. Good wine and beer list. It's a hit. Don't forget the dessert.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

The people at this restaurant are very friendly and provide great service. The food was fantastic and dessert was heavenly. This is a great little restaurant. I love small restaurants that aren't a chain and provide fresh homemade food with top notch service.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

During a visit to the Twin Cities for a family birthday celebration, we chose this restaurant based solely on the way it looked when we drove by. We love the downtown Edina area and knew there would be plenty of fine dining establishments to choose from. We were hoping for Italian, and boy did Arezzo deliver! From the moment we were seated on the sidewalk patio, I knew we were in the right place. My brother ordered the Scaloppine di Vitello with the fresh lemon juice and whitewine, which was outstanding. My sister-in-law never passes up an opportunity to have a veal chop, which was excellent according to her. My husband and I both ordered fresh pasta dishes - he the Fettuccine Verdi alla Salsiccia, me the Tagliatelle di Pollo e pinoli. Both were very tasty. Portions were adequate, which we prefer to the spilling-over-the-plate portions at some places.

Our waiter, Curtis, was friendly as well as very knowledgable about the wine and entree selections. We had a good time talking with him and sharing stories, mostly about food.

The pièce de résistance was the Polenta al Ciocclato we shared for dessert (Curtis' recommendation). It is hard to describe, but take it from a chocoholic....it is DIVINE!

This is on my list of places to revisit next time I'm in the Twin Cities.

1  Thank Ding526
Reviewed June 17, 2012

From reading the other reviews, apparently Arezzo has had some ups and downs. We definitely hit it at a high point on June 13, 2012. They are on their third chef in the past four years, and that might account for some of the inconsistency.
My gazpacho was superb, and my stuffed pork loin chop was even better. The spinach, pear, avocado, goat cheese, and strawberry salad might have been a tad under dressed but was excellent nevertheless. Jumbo Shrimp in brandy orange sauce were plump and done perfectly. Veal scaloppini in Marsala was an ample serving and perfectly seasoned. The fresh spinach tortelli was a very large serving, and delicious.
Wine is on the expensive side for a small neighborhood restaurant, but that might be because of the neighborhood it is in. We had a delicious Banfi Col di Sasso (Cabernet/Sangiovese) for $30.
Service was experienced and helpful. The noise level is high. Décor is pleasant, with some Italianesque touches, but don't look up at the exposed mechanical systems in the ceiling.
One of the benefits of 50th and France are the free parking ramps, and everything is in easy walking distance.

1  Thank JandJ67