“Awesome food and great location.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Hello Pizza
Ranked #20 of 97 Restaurants in Edina
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota, United States
“Awesome food and great location.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Was a awesome place to eat. Only problem I had was I was double charged. I talked to manager and they said they would send me my money back. Well that never happened. So great food but you might want to pay with cash to prevent this.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Fun and tasty quick bite to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Fun atmosphere. Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice selection of beer and wine. Our pizza was great (holy trinity with pepperoni, sausage and mushroom). The sauce is delicious!! Nice, big slices. I like that you can order by the slice and don't have to commit to an entire pizza. The Korean cowboy meatball sub is the clear winner. So flavorful and tangy. I would order this again and again!! No disrespect to their traditional meatball sub because that is excellent also in a very traditional way. ThIs place is a great addition to the neighborhood. Can't believe it took my husband and I five months to get here. We definitely won't wait that long to go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Shakopee, MN
“The crust is right; but something is odd about the flavor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We visited on Friday, June 14, 2013 at 11:00 am. We were the first people in the place. You can look at the glass case with the day's pizza selections and then order at the cash register. They give you a number on a stand that you place on your table and then they bring out your order.

For reference - you may have read on my other reviews that my wife is a native of Philadelphia and I lived on the East Coast for 10 years. We like to think we know authentic pizza from that region.

The server brought out our two slices of classic cheese pizza. It is served on white plastic plates that are designed to look like paper plates; go figure. The pizza is screaming hot. Too hot to begin eating for a good 5 to 8 minutes after being served. I examined the crust and saw good blackening and scorching on the bottom as well at the edges of the crust. The slice is fold-able. This crust is perfect!

It ends with the crust. The sauce has a tart, sour taste to it and is off-putting. The cheese must be a mixture of various white cheeses rather than straight up mozzarella, it too, was off-putting as well as all the oil/grease sitting on top of the entire pizza.

But at only $3.25 for each slice we found the tasting inexpensive.

So...if only rating the crust it would have been a five, but very low marks for the odd sauce, cheese and oily top. Therefore I'll rate it a three, or average.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Steve0315
Minneapolis, MN
“Tasted Like Frozen Pizza”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

My hubby & I love Pizzeria Lola so were excited to have this new location open. We knew that the pizza is a different style from the pizza at Lola so weren't expecting it to be the same. I had the pepperoni. It was mundane and actually tasted like a frozen pizza. We did start with the Caesar salad and it was very good. They had Surly Furious beer on tap so that made hubby happy.

If you go be aware that the seating is limited. (It's a small place.)

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Minneapolis
“Pizza, Beer, Loud music and a photo booth”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

They are to hipsters who like beer, pizza and 70s/80s music as their next door neighbors are to great burgers, fries and shakes. It was rather loud on a Sunday night considering many of the people were there with families with little kids. Fun to have photos taken in the photo booth near the front. I counted 8 people working when we were there and they were busy, but the kids were mostly standing around looking like they needed more to do. A little confusing when you first walk in as menu and black and white board don’t really correspond as well as they should. There are a lot of pizza places and their location is going to be either their biggest asset or liability. The chairs out front are really nice. The pizza is OK and not cheap place for a slice, but then this is Edina. Might be back, who knows?

Visited May 2013

Been to Hello Pizza? Share your experiences!