“Very nice hotel, in a great location”

The Westin Edina Galleria
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Edina
Reviewed November 5, 2010

The Westin was a very nice hotel. The staff was attentive and helpful. We liked that it was close to many nice shopping venues and restaurants. Our room was on the smaller side, but we loved the bathroom, especially the separate shower. Great experience!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Holly43323
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2010

Holly43323 -

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us. We are very fortunate to be located where we are with all the surrounding amenities. And I am gratified to see your comments regarding the attentiveness and helpfulness of our associates.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2010

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Good service by staff. Free self parking in attached garage. Convenient access to restaurants - Crave in the attached Galleria Mall is excellent; there is a McCormick and Scmidts on site, and many other restaurants in the local area. Location is convenient to freeways and attractions in the area, including Mall of America and downtown, though be prepared to print directions as there are many freeways to navigate to get anywhere just due to city infrastructure design. However, they charge for internet access whether wireless, cable, or at the business center, which is not good if you need internet access for business use. As with other upscale hotels, there is no vending machine so if you want something like a soda be prepared to pay a lot for the mini-bar or walk next door to the 24 hour Walgreens. I stayed here as it was selected for a seminar I attended, but if I were visiting Minneapolis on my own I think I could find a better value and an equally convenient location.

1  Thank DAEsmae

DAEsmae -

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the many positive aspects of your stay.

While we do charge for internet access, as do all of our direct upscale competitors, I hope this and the lack of vending machines does not deter you from staying at our property again in the future.

There may be cheaper hotels in the area, but none of them can offer the service or the amenities that the Westin property ranked number 1 for Guest Satisfaction can offer you.

I hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 26, 2010

Regardless of status, any room you get at this hotel is clean and beautiful. The washrooms are very large and flat screen TVs in every room. Internet is a bit slow and cuts in and hour during the week due to high usage by other travellers. The staff are very friendly, helpful, and greet everyone.

The fitness room has lots of machines so if you're not going during the peak mornings or early evening, you'll easily find one available. The machines are very new and clean. Most of the cardio equipment include TVs and iPod inputs. The pool is clean and one of the few salt water pools in Minneapolis.

The lounge access on the 7th floor serves cereal, danishes, and cut up fruits for breakfast. Evenings have small appetizers, cheese, and vegetables. Lounge at Marriotts, Hiltons, and Sheratons are far better.

The banquet halls are frequently booked for business meetings and trade shows.

The best thing about Westin Edina is the consistent quality I get everytime I stay there. I never have a problem with the rooms for the 1.5 years I've stayed with them. I would definitely recommend anyone to host their conference or to stay at the Westin Edina

1  Thank anotheran

anotheran -

Thank you for your great review, it is very much appreciated.

I did note your comments on the internet access being slow and cutting in and out intermittently. I would ask that if you experience this again on a future visit you contact us immediately. We've upgraded our interent capacity twice since January 2009 to accomodate all of our guests needs, and the symptoms you describe are certainly not what anyone should be experiencing.

Thanks again, and I hope we can continue to have you as our guest for another 1.5 years.

Reviewed October 16, 2010

The Westein Edina Galleria is a upscale and modern looking hotel upon arrival. The first thing that strikes you is how up to date and modern the hotel has taken to impress the vistor.The front office staff greets you with smiles and the check in process is quick and very professional.I think that this is the first hotel I have ever been to that the front office staff leaves the front desk to come around and hand you your room key and make sure you know where to go. I think that this is a very speical touch upon your arrival and set's a warm and welcome tone to your visit.

The rooms are very large and fresh upon entry.and you eye catches the very large flat screen tv. All of the furniture is new and placed in a very user friendly way..The beds are very comfortable and thiere is always room to sit and work if you choose to do so.

The location of the hotel is placed in the middle of the city and is a prime location for shopping and enjoying a great meal at the many restaurants available in the area.

The most impressive feature though is the management and staff always ready to help and assist your every need. I have never stayed at a hotel where all of the staff really do go out of their way to make sure your comfort is taken care of or just enjoy a freindly conversation about how your dsy is going.

When visting in Ednia Minnesota, the Westin Galleria should always be your one and olny choice.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank molsonblues
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2010

molsonblues -

Thank you for the many kind words regarding the hotel, especially the comments regarding our associates. They work very hard in providing personal and instinctive service to all of guests.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Be well.

Reviewed October 12, 2010

My wife and I spent our weekend getaway at this marvelous hotel. The rooms are first rate; spacious, clean with all the necessary amenities. The bed and bathroom are top notch. The hotel is attached to the upscale Galleria Mall, across the street from the Southdale Mall and only a few minutes drive from the Mall of America. The pool and fitness facilities are also outstanding. What a great place to get away from it all!

2  Thank yooper45

yooper45 -

I am so glad that you and your wife had a great weekend getaway at our hotel. We know that time spent together can be rare, and we do our best to make as special as we can.

Come back again and visit us soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2010

I stay at this hotel at least a couple times a year. What I like most about it is that it's a new Westin so everything is clean and modern. The rooms and bathrooms are large. The hotel is attached to the Galleria shopping mall (not really a mall -- more an exclusive shopping center) that has fabulous stores, salon, restaurants and Starbucks! You can get to the mall by walking outside or by taking the tunnel from the hotel. Starbucks is just right outside the Westin door. If you are a woman traveling on business or pleasure to Minneapolis, this hotel is perfect - safe, secure and close to shopping. There is also plenty around the hotel -- another shopping mall across the street and plenty of restaurants close by. Parking is a breeze -- free and in a garage (which is good in the winter). I have not used the gym or pool but both look more than adequate. The staff is fine. They can usually accommodate us if we get to the hotel prior to check-in time. My only complaints are that they ALWAYS put us in the very farthest room from the elevator. Even after asking for a closer room we don't get one. Also, I have been a Starwood Preferred Guest for years -- used to be Platinum and now Gold and don't think I've stayed on the Preferred Guest levels and definitely not the Club Level.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank truthy

truthy -

Thank you for the wonderful review - it's much appreciated. I'm sorry that we have put you at the end of hall for each stay - the end corner rooms are the largest regular rooms on each floor and is one of our Starwood Preferred Guest upgrade room types. We have a extremely large number of SPG guests who stay at the property and availability on the arrival day for our Executive Club Floor is tough to get.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Be well.

Reviewed September 4, 2010

Stayed here for two nights. Very nice rooms, clean, quiet, and comfortable. Bathroom very spacious. Room service food very good, but extremely expensive. Plus they add a 23 percent gratruity, and an additional room service fee. I think one meal was 70.00.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank ClickTheGeek
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2010

Thank you for your positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Marc Faubert

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edina
Downtown
W Minneapolis - The Foshay
W Minneapolis - The Foshay
#11 of 52 in Minneapolis
Sheraton Bloomington Hotel
#21 of 43 in Bloomington

Been to The Westin Edina Galleria? Share your experiences!