The Westin Edina Galleria
$174
$159
$80
$68
All reviewsmccormick and schmicksupscale mallheavenly bedsouthdale mallclub floorseparate tubtwin citiesvery nice hotelwalk in showershopping and restaurantsbusiness hotelminneapolis areafavorite hotelan upgraderoom keyeasy accesslate check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This can be described as a typical higher end Westin. Big and modern lobby, with seating and helpful staff.

Rooms - nice bed and desk area. The room is well lit with a large window, though the views are malls, shops and roads. But even so, nice. Robes and nice bathroom. The room is a little smaller than I would like, But comfortable and a room safe. Good lighting in the room, plus plenty of plug sockets. Wifi also, though only 1 device per payment. Wifi is the next great rip off for hotels... $12 a night, give me a break. Anyway.

Location - well I'm not too sure, it's near a mall, not far from the airport and close to main roads. There is a Starbucks next door, opens 5am. A cheesecake factory across the way and a decent restaurant next door. Though I recommend you get a cab and go 3 miles to Pizzeria Lola. The best pizza I've had and you will wait from 5pm onwards, they dont reserve so arrive early. Well worth it.

Back to the westin...No complaints, the gym is good and the bell man was great. I found everyone helpful and overall enjoyed my stay. Nice lobby and room size.  A four because value for money wasn't great considering the location.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

SaintmarkLondon -

Thank you for the very positive review. I'm glad that the property and it's amenities were to your satisfaction and overall you enjoyed your stay.

Guest room internet access - both wired and wireless - is $9.95 per 24 hour period. The property also offers complimentary internet access in our lobby, as well as free boarding pass printing in our business center.

I hope that if future travel plans bring you back to the area we'll have the pleasure of again accomodating you at the Westin Edina Galleria.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This Westin is our "go to" place to stay when we need to fly in or out of The Cities or just want a close weekend get away. The spotless interior, spacious rooms and wonderful service are just a few of the appealing things here.
Connected to the fabulous Galleria shopping it is a win win in every ways. The convenience of being able to just walk over to some fabulous shopping without leaving the comfort of the inside is a bonus. The McCormick and Schmidts onsite is another bonus.
Beds and showers are the best available in this traveler's experience and I am always ready to jump at the chance to stay here when the hubby suggests it.
Have never had a bad experience at this location!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

BAChiles -

It 's wonderful to hear that the Westin Edina Galleria is your "go to place to stay" when visiting the The Twin Cities. It sounds like we have everything you need to make your quick layovers or those weekends away just what you need.

I hope you'll be back again soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had a great stay. The room was very clean and comfortable. It was also quiet, but the hotel wasn't very busy during our stay. If it had been, we'd probably have heard a lot of doors slamming. They don't close quietly at all, and you will hear them from the room. The pool area is great and also very clean. We agreed that the pool was a little too chilly while the hot tub was a little too warm, but that's just being picky. My only true complaint is regarding internet access. They wanted $10 per device, per day. We had 6 devices, and there was no way we were willing to pay $60 per day, so we went without. For the rather high price we paid for the room, internet should be included. It was free in the lobby, but the connection wasn't superb. The hotel's location is excellent. I'm not sure if we'll stay again, primarily due to the cost of both the internet and the room and also because we would prefer a place that includes breakfast. But, the quality and location may draw us back. Who knows. Very nice hotel!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MinnFinnTwin

MinnFinnTwin -

Thank you for the great review. I'm gratified to hear that you had a great stay and the room was clean and comfortable and the hotel's location is excellent.

I did note some items that you thought could be improved on, thank you for bringing them to our attention. For future stays, we do offer additional rates that include breakfast and internet access - please look for them on our website.

I do hope that the quality and location of the property are enough to entice you back soon.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

There are not a lot of nice hotel options outside of Minneapolis so usually downtown, and the higher prices and parking costs that come with it, is the only option. I was very happy to see this hotel open in Edina. Parking was free. The room was so clean and spotless I felt like the first person to stay there. Staff was abundantly polite, kind and helpful. Every time we passed someone we were welcomed to the hotel and wished a Happy Holidays. The bathroom had a great shower and a nice tub with big fluffy towels. The bed was nice but not a high end mattress and the pillows were pretty flat. My only complaint. Room service was fairly affordable and delicious. There are two malls right next to this hotel with other dining options and good shopping. I will definitely be staying here again during my frequent visits to Minneapolis.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

eyehearttravel -

Thank for the wonderful review. It's nice to know that we are a great alternative to downtown hotel pricing, but still with the quality and convenience of location. And your comments regarding the condition of our four year old property and the friendliness of our associates are very much appreciated.

I was sorry to hear that the bed did not meet your satisfaction - normally we get very high for our Westin signature Heavenly Bed. If you'd like to contact me directly I can check the room to make sure there was not a missed problem with the bed.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were looking for a top hotel close to Hopkins, and found the Westin in Edina. This hotel has been rated one of the top hotels in the area and we can see why. The entire facility is clean (new); and is adjacent to the Edina Galleria (has a tunnel to the shopping center) with many shops and restaurants. There is a McCormick's and Schmick's located in the hotel, which is extremely convenient; but if you want other choices, you can take short walk to the Galleria next door.

We stayed on the club floor, which opens at 6:00am (weekdays); which was convenient for getting coffee and pastries in the morning; and soft drinks and snacks in the evening. The club floor also has a dedicated printer (we used to print our boarding passes); and there are PC's on the first level with printers if you are not on the club floor.

If you are a Starwood Gold (or higher) member; you do get free WiFi (think it may be 20.00 per device! if you have to pay for it).

Overnight parking is very reasonable ($12.00/night), which is cheap compared to what we are typically use to in SF (55.00/night).

Overall - the combination of location; adjacency (shopping center/restaurants); and price (inexpensive for a Westin) can't be beat - we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Get a room on the club floor if you can afford it
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

ro953 -

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay at the hotel. We always feel humbled when a guest does our job by effectively selling the property for us.

We can't wait to welcome you back.