“Terrible Customer Service -- Nice facility”

The Westin Edina Galleria
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Edina
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel 10 times since it opened a few years ago. From a facility point of view it is a very nice facility, which is one of the reasons that I have continued to return. Things are fine unless you ask for anything. They have an arrogance about themselves, so they don't seem to care about keeping you as a customer. I am a Starwood Platinum member and have been so for more than a dozen years, I have never come across people that make no attempt to make something work for you. If customer service is as important to you as the facility, pick a different place. If you have no expectation of service, this is a fine choice. I won't go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank ServiceMatters86
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

ServiceMatters86 -

I am very sorry to hear that after a number of seemingly positive stays over the last few years something happened that has soured your feelings about the hotel and the service we provide. I have previously reached out to you via private message, and I'm also asking here that you contact me directly so that we can discuss the specifics of your dissatisfaction and allow me the opportunity to make things right.

Thank you for letting us know about your experience.

Be well

Reviewed July 20, 2011

Wonderful hotel, first class service, seemed almost new. The rooms were spacious and comfortable.. Loved the location- connects to upscale mall with prime shopping and lots of restaurant options if you decide to leave the hotel for lunch or dinner The hotel's restaurant is a McCormick and Schmick's-- as a solo traveler I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at the bar one evening.

Also, first class gym that's open 24 hours.

Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Beachy-blondey -

I'm very happy to read about the great stay and the "highly recommended" stamp of approval you gave us. It sounds like we had everything you needed to make your stay truly enjoyable.

Thank you - we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

The staff was extremely nice and especially the front desk. We had a child with special needs and they were very accomodating. The room we received was perfect and was large enough for our family of 4.

It was nice being so close to a lot of great places to eat and Target. As traveling with the family we always seem to forget something.

We are looking forward going back and writing them another good review.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

snj1027 -

Thank you for the great review. I'm glad we were able to meet all your needs during your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Be well

Reviewed July 10, 2011

This hotel was very nice I stayed couple nights and had good time i did not want leave the bathroom was exelent and is very clean and is connected to very nice mall with starbucks and barnes and noble right next door you dont even have to step out. and they have free parking garage connected to the hotel.
the only think they dont have is SPA.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
WEG_Manager, General Manager at The Westin Edina Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

Kumbai -

What a great review - thank you for your very kind words. I'm glad we were able to provide you with almost everything you needed here on property. And a note for future visits - we have agreements with a few different day spas in the area that we can make appointsments for. We also offer massages in your room if you like.

I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

I stay in the Bloomington, Edina and Eden Prairie for work almost every week at different hotels. By far this is the most beautiful and well kept. The stay went out of their way in providing me directions and restaurant advice. Prior to my stay, I stayed at 2 different hotels earlier in the week. The hotel helped the homesick feeling go away. Recommend highly!

• Stayed: June 2011

JonaVSeattle -

I'm glad that you've found a "home away from home" for your weekly travels to the area. If there's anything else we can do to help make the homesick feeling go away, don't hesitate to ask any of our associates. That's what we're here for!

Reviewed June 21, 2011

We had a very nice stay at this hotel. It was clean, comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed the pool which seemed underused and very clean.

My only complaint was the "heavenly" bedding, it was not so much. The cover on the bed was old snagged and stained, which didn't make me want to purchase one for myself. Also the bed skirt was disgusting, very, very stained, and not up to Westin quality. (We were in room 530, in case the staff would like to fix it)

After staying at a Hilton the Westin was really a welcome change, the staff was friendly and even though internet is not free (it should be) I didn't feel like I was being nickel & dimed like I did at the Hilton.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

PacificNorthwestBest -

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with. Though there were many good comments about the staff and hotel in general, I was disappointed to read about your experience with the Heavenly Bed linens - it certainly doesn't sound like they were up to our usual high standard. I've sent you a private message with my contact informaiton so that we may discuss this further.

Thanks again for your comments - they are appreciated.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

My wife and I recently attended a wedding in edina and stayed at the westin. The staff was very friendly and the room was very comfortable . The shower was the highlight of the room for us as it had a large walk in shower with 2 spa heads. The westin is located in a shopping area called the galleria. This was fine for killing some time and browsing and gives you access to numerous shops and resteraunts. It is in the suburbs so the view of the parking garage from our window was to be expected.The lobby and lounges were spacious and comfortable and we ordered late night room service which was good for being at 3 am.Overall I would highly recommend the westin edina.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Prenner 79 -

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I'm glad your enjoyed our Heavenly Shower - it is a highlight for many of our guests. I hope you can back and enjoy the hotel again in the future.

Marc Faubert

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edina
Kimpton Grand Hotel Minneapolis
Hotel Ivy, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Minneapolis
W Minneapolis - The Foshay
W Minneapolis - The Foshay
#11 of 52 in Minneapolis

Been to The Westin Edina Galleria? Share your experiences!