Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewscomfortable couchl shaped couchsitting areafree breakfastpull out bedbig screen tvmexican restaurantbagelsmini fridgenice hotelgreat roomstay there againenjoyed my staygreat pricerooms are largenice stayhot breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2007

I have stayed at Amerisuites Hyatt Place two times and I love it. I would pick out a Hyatt Place to stay. The rooms are extremely comfortable and contemporary. It is easy to set up your computer, relax on the big couch or enjoy the high dev flat screen TV. I actually liked just hanging out in the room.

It has been a long time since I was impressed by a hotel. But the room would influence my choice to pick Amerisuites.

The breakfast in the morning is fine and free. But the room....

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank DuffyBoise
Reviewed March 18, 2007

Disregard reviews from before 2006. This hotel is going through a major renovation. The rooms are updated and beatifully done. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. Unfortuately the beds are full size, rather than queen. The large screen tv is fantastic!
The breakfasts have been down-scaled, with only small danishes and banana muffins.
The staff was friendly and helpful
The hotel room was a great value for its price.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 11, 2007

This was a very nice hotel. Spotless rooms, great bedding and
my son loved the Large LCD TV. I would come here again.
Business Travelers would like this place...

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank rhonda.g
Reviewed December 27, 2005

When we stayed at the hotel 12-22 through 12-26, the hotel was only 35% booked. That should have told us something right there. A hotel with so few bookings over a holiday weekend is not a good sign.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, but the condition of the hotel was poor. We had a king suite that had a microwave, fridge, sink, coffee maker, dishes and silverware. The furniture was old, with frayed fabric and the coffee table and chairs have large scratches in the wood.

The bed had an old saggy mattress and it squeeked everytime we moved on it. The top sheet also had a large stain on it as did the blanket.

Housekeeping did not stop at our room the morning after we arrived. They claimed that we had the "Do not disturb" sign on the door until after 12:00, which is impossible because we left the room at 10:30am. Housekeeping left the hotel at noon, so we did not get service that day. We asked for fresh towels and fresh linens to replace the stained sheet. The hotel did pay for our dinner at the Green Mill, a local Italian resturant (great pizza) that delivers to the hotel. However, the menu in the room was out dated and several items that we wanted to order, were no longer avaliable for delivery.

The breakfast in the lobby was pretty good, although the breakfast buffet person was extremely over worked. She was the only person to replenish the buffet and clean it, so frequently certain food items or silverware weren't avaliable for long periods of time. The waffles that you make yourself were tasty, but the scrambled eggs were obviously from a mix and the sausage was either undercooked or burnt. The fruit selection consisted of canned fruit or apples and bananas. The bananas had seen better days.

I woudn't recommend staying here for more than one night. There are several different hotel choices in the area that offer a much higher quality of room and service for a similar price.

• Stayed: December 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 3, 2005

We drove to Minneapolis from Winnipeg for a long weekend. We had horrible time finding a hotel (there just didn't seem to be any signs or gas stations or anything) so I would advise anyone who has never been before to either prebook or at least have a few addresses and a good map so when you get tired of driving in circles you can find a place!

Anyway, as for the Amerisuites hotel, we were very happy.
Good Things:
- The location is quite good for local attractions (10 min to Valley Fair, 10-15 min to Mall of America, 30 min to Albertville discount mall)
- the rooms were almost double the size of a regular hotel room and clean.
- The basic room came with 2 double beds or 1 queen and a pull out hide a bed
- There was a partial wall between the beds and the living/diningroom where the pull out was (so our 5 year old who snores didn't have to sleep in the tub!)
- There was a dining table with 4 chairs, small fridge, microwave, extra sink and dishes in the kitchenette
-There were lots of small tables throughout the room to hold luggage etc.
- the tub and toilet were separate from the bathroom sink.
- The breakfast was really good with the usual continental stuff, plus fresh waffles, eggs and sausage.
- The kids were especially impressed with the popcorn and candy free in the lobby in the evening
- The pool was warm and clean (a little small but not a problem)
- There is a nice Mexican restaurant across the parking lot called Don Pablos that sure tasted good after a 10 hour drive.

If you are going to Valley Fair, be sure to ask for coupons at the hotel. We got a really good discount this way.

I didn't bother to look for peeling paint or cracks in the walls. I don't really care about this stuff unless it affects cleanliness.

We felt comfortable here, the rates were good (although I have checked since I got back and we got a lower rate walking in than anything I can find online) and the kids were happy, and that was all that mattered to us.