“Ask for a room on the opposite side of the main entrance....”

Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
York, United Kingdom
“Ask for a room on the opposite side of the main entrance....”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

unless you can sleep through bright lights! Sadly I can't, and I got woken up several times through the night thinking it was morning - the lights are that bright, i'm not kidding. Other than that the hotel is a perfectly fine functional business hotel, good size room, fast free wifi, tv etc.. clean and tidy and the benefit of being able to use the free shuttle to our client meeting was really good. We ate at the Mexican restaurant opposite which is cavenous, the food in there was pretty good value.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Richard L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that the exterior lighting caused you such an inconvenience. My maintenance staff has adjusted the angle of the uplight and also checked the effectiveness of the blackout curtains in the rooms. I hope you will consider our hotel for your future lodging needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I have stayed here several times for business. The Hyatt Place is not only very convenient, but differentiates itself from its competition by hiring friendly, attentive staff, comfortable accommodations, and by being exceptionally clean. I don't think I've ever stayed in such a clean hotel room. Not even an errant fuzz on the carpet, could be found. During my recent 3 night business stay, the staff was very friendly and attentive. They welcomed me every time I walked in and wished me well when I left. At breakfast, the staff offered a warm and friendly good morning. I wish more hotels realized that a smile and a few kind words go such a long way. This Hyatt Place gets hospitality right. When I got home, I realized that I had left an item in my room. One quick call, and the item was on its way back to me, at no cost. The Hyatt Place has certainly earned my future business!

Room Tip: This hotel sits adjacent to the highway. When I check in, I ask for a room on the other side of the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Richard L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words. We truly have a dedicated staff and they do the right things even when no one is watching! I'll make sure everyone here sees the review to reinforce how important their contributions are. Thanks for being a regular guest at our Hyatt Place.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is our first time staying at a Hyatt and we were really impressed with this hotel. The room was really nice. It had a sectional with a pull out bed in it along with a big screen tv that you could rotate so you could watch it either on the couch or bed. What was also nice is the fact that they had an area where you could hook up your laptop to the TV for watching DVDs.

The only thing that we had an issue with, was the bed. Although it was a pillowtop, the bed was a bit hard, and we could feel the springs. I think it is time to replace them. Also, we didn't realize that there wasn't a hot tub, which was disappointing. Even though there were those issues, we would still stay here again. It was a really nice hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Richard L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and thank you also for the great review! Although we normally get high marks on the comfort of our beds, it is approaching the timeline for replacement. I apologize for the inconvenience. We look forward hosting your next stay in the Minneapolis area. Rick Loyd GM
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My family went for a fun weekend at the Mall of America and we picked this hotel and were very pleased. The front desk went out of its way to help with a couple of minor items and never said 'no' to any request, from normal stuff like extra pillows to odd items like a hair elastic for my daughter. Breakfast was solid with hot items like eggs and sausages plus standards like bagels and fruit. The pool is a standard rectangle, not deep enough to dive but nice for the kids. The 2 beds plus a pull out for no extra charge is wonderful when you have 3 kids.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Thanks also for the kind words regarding the staff and facility. There are now close to 200 Hyatt Place hotels worldwide and growing. Please come stay with us again!
Delafield, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for just one night as we were in town for a birthday party in a neighboring suburb. We choose Hyatt Place for the continental breakfast and the room layout. This location was good for both. Only two things made this review an average one. The noise... for whatever reason, we could hear toilets flushing and showering from other rooms, from above us. Also, we recognize its winter and we live in a neighboring state but the tile floor in the lobbies and hallways was very dirty and stood out because it looked like it had not been mopped in ages. I noticed it upon check in and still nothing was done over 24 hours later. Only one elevator in operation during our stay. :(

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Richard L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm concerned that we were "Just OK". We strive for better than that. I agree that this time of year our dark brown lobby tile is not always as fresh looking as I would like to see it. It does get mopped several times each day, but sand and salt tracked in from the parking area is a constant challenge. I apologize that plumbing noise caused inconveniences. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to be your host when you are back in the Eden Prairie area.
Crookston, Minnesota
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel based on location and free breakfast and free parking. The check in was quick and friendly. The bed and linens were average. The pillows were small, so it was good to have 2 a piece. The room layout is above average, with a wet bar area with fridge, a desk area, a sitting area and the sleeping area and bathroom. We only had a shower, which was fine. Not sure if they offer bathtubs. The room was clean. Noise level from the surrounding rooms was a little annoying. Doors shutting, shower noises, etc. The breakfast was a joke, unless you like eggs and toast. There was a lovely picture of an English muffin with Canadian bacon, egg, bacon and cheese on it in the elevator. Sadly, that wasn't offered either mornings of our stay. 2 varieties of scrambled eggs, sausage patties one day, links the next. Oatmeal that was overcooked, stale mini doughnuts, a few bagels, frozen fruit bowl and fresh fruit. The plates and bowls are black and some people were having trouble locating them because they blend in with the cabinets. Service was slow the first morning as far as empty coffee pots, empty yogurt bowls. We also learned there is a pool, but no whirlpool. Not a bad hotel, just not for us.

Room Tip: Ice machines are located on the 3rd and 5th floors.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My family and I try to get to Mall of America each fall to do our back-to-school shopping. This year we stayed at the Hyatt Place in Eden Prairie. This was about a 10 minute drive west of the mall.

This was our first stay at a Hyatt Place, and we were very impressed. The rooms were spacious, modern and clean. The hotel staff was very helpful and professional. It was an outstanding value!

Next year when we return again, this will be the only hotel we consider.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Richard L, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Eden Prairie, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience. Hyatt Place is one of the fastest growing brands of hotels and for good reason. Spacious rooms, great breakfast, bar service and 24 hour made to order hot food. Rick Loyd, General Manager