“Standard Hotel Room”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Los Angeles, California
“Standard Hotel Room”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I didn't realize this was a Hampton Inn hotel until I saw all the Hampton Inn logos displayed throughout the hotel and got kind of excited since I am usually very pleased with Hampton Inn's. It's not a very large hotel which I am fine with. The hotel seems clean enough but it's nothing special. The gym is pretty pathetic...one treadmill, one elliptical, one stationary bike, and one stair master. Overall, not somewhere I'd recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Oshkosh
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I visited our son and his wife for his birthday spending several days near Eden Prairie. They live in an apartment in Hopkins, about 5 minutes away.

This property was very quiet, clean and exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Weirton, West Virginia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nice hotel. Location not the best. Good breakfast. Staff helpful and friendly. Even though it is a Baymont Inn there are still Hampton Inn Room Placards. The interior halls are a bit worn and some obvious maintence issues have been overlooked along with the old Hampton Signs. Room was nice and furnishings were good. Would recommend, but needs some work.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Skokie
Reviewed August 29, 2013

After reading many positive reviews about this motel I booked a room for three night for a business in the Twin Cities. I was surprised to find a tired and shabby looking former Hampton Inn that was turned into a Baymont. I can't say that it was terrible, but it wasn't great either. The carpets in the common areas were grungy and didn't look very clean. Every time I tried to enter through an outside door from the parking lot my key didn't work. Other guests complained of the same problem. I requested a refrigerator in advance and the desk clerk couldn't have cared less. My room was clean, but by day two there were no cups in the room. The maid never replaced the cups I used.

Room Tip: Find a place where the employees actually care.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Albert Lea, Minnesota
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

The location is great, as we were tired from a long day of walking around the state fair and wanted a place that would be on our way home. This hotel is right off the freeway and has lots of different places to choose from to eat at in the area and shopping is close if you wanted.
The staff at check-in was nice and friendly. The one complaint I had was that the hallways smelled awful as did the elevator that led to our room, we only noticed it at check-in though.
Our room was super nice for the value. Comfortable king size bed. Very clean as well was the bathroom. It was noisy from the hallway at night. The breakfast in the morning was good, my husband was disappointed that they didn't offer some type of meat as other hotels equal to this one do.
Over-all we liked the hotel and thought it was a great value for our money at the rating we had.
We would stay there again if we weren't looking for one with a pool.

• Stayed August 2013
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Overall the hotel was quite satisfactory. Appears to have been recently updated. Booked it well in advance and got a very good rate thru one of the on line booking sites. Breakfast was normal fare waffles etc. Near restaurants and a theatre, just in case you want to take in a movie. The front desk clerk was kept busy since it appeared all rooms were full on Sat. night. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family