“easy on and easy off great location”

Comfort Inn Eden Prairie/Minneapolis
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
“easy on and easy off great location”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Went with friends to a conference close to this hotel. It is located in in a nice area for easy access to and from the conference. Also good shoping and eating places with in a few blocks. Good breakfast and very clean rooms. Tis is the third time we have stayed at this hotel and will be coming back.

Room Tip: The rooms right off the lobby are not as quiet. Be sure you are on the other end or on any other flo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Novi
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Great value. Good clean hotel. The staff was very friendly and you get free breakfast. It is located in a very quiet area. I would definitely stay here again.
there are also many restaurants and shops close by. You are also close to the Minneapolis airport and the Mall of America.

• Stayed October 2012
St Louis
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Sparkling rooms, two comfortable double beds and a delicious breakfast all for $80, includes free wi-fi and parking on premises. Also has exercise room. Conveniently located just off #494. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2012
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed July 28, 2012

First let me say that I have nothing "bad" to report about this property. We were on a family vacation and stayed here a few nights en route to northern Minnesota, and we wanted to save a few bucks. We typically like Hampton Inns, and this one was about 1/3 less than any other Hampton in the Twin Cities. If I had done my homework, I would have understood why.

The rooms were clean but cramped compared to what we've had at other Hamptons. This was also the first Hampton I've been in that didn't have a microwave and refrigerator in the room. Shame on me on me for assuming this property had those. (The front desk staff was kind enough to let us use a refrigerator behind the counter.)

We often do family laundry while on long trips, and I thought public laundry facilities were standard in hotels these days. Not so here. Shame on me for assuming.

We have a son in a wheelchair, so one of our rooms had a roll-in shower. The "roll-in" shower had a 2" lip we had to lift the chair over with our son in it. We've had this once before in an older property. It is workable with some difficulty, but certainly not convenient. Also, this is the first roll-in shower room we've had with a double bed instead of a queen bed, which was quite cramped for myself and my wife. Again, shame on me for assuming.

This is the first Hampton I've been in that didn't have a pool. Disappointment for the kids. Shame on me for assuming. Their breakfast was typical Hampton good, but the breakfast room was particularly small. They opened up their conference room for overflow on the weekend.

So, in a nutshell, this property is relatively inexpensive as Twin Cities Hamptons go, but there are several compromises that explain the cost. Whether or not these compromises are important to you depends on your situation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jl319
Freeport, Illinois
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Easy check-in. Clean, updated rooms. Good location although access from I-494 can be a bit confusing. Pleasant and accomodating staff. Excellent hot or cold breakfast. Fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, omlettes, French toast sticks, juices, cereal, pastries, good coffee and the breakfast area is staffed very well. Overflow seating for breakfast is available. Wi-fi was dependable. I found the bed to be very comfortable and the room amenities were very good. I especially like the CV1 single cup coffee makers in the rooms. Overall, a very good to excellent value.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karl B
Gonic, NH
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The weekend rate was $75.00 and I found the accommodations to be pretty standard Hampton Inn. There is no pool, but a lot of the Hampton Inns do not have them in the Northern half of the country. I had a room with a King bed, the space appeared to be about 315 to 340 sq. ft. including the bathroom, which also seemed standard. The furniture is large with a stand-up wooden closet, 3 drawer chest and another table next to that. There were two night stands and a comfortable easy chair with ottoman. The desk by the window was large enough to get some work done. The bed was great, I feel asleep in the middle of the Nationwide race, just because it was so comfortable. The room had plenty of space for 1-2 people.

The hotel itself appeared to be sold out and based on the number of people exiting the rooms on this weekend stay it does not appear the occupancy per room is strictly enforced. The breakfast area was chaotic and the two servers were having a hard time keeping up. That said there was yogurt, bananas, apples, oranges, scrambled eggs and Canadian bacon, 3-4 juices including cranberry, hard boiled eggs, bread for toast, pastries and probably other things I did not see due to the volume of people and the inefficient set up to the presentation. This location did have all the proper serving utensils but people still pick things up and then put them down. If you pick up a piece of bread for toast with your bare hands, don't look at it and then put it back in the display. Same thing with Canadian bacon, use the tongs. If someone is using the tongs, wait your turn and use the correct utensil. I don't know if it regional, but I have seen this behavior in Northern Illinois, Iowa and Minnesota several times on this work trip.
I was greeted cheerfully when I arrived, I received a call about 15 minutes after I had been in the room to check on it's quality. I am a Hilton Hhonors member and there was a bottle of water and candy bar in my room. My Hilton status was never mentioned, but as longs as I get credit for my stay I am happy.
I only used the elevator once, but it did appear to be going slow. The people on the second floor were still waiting for all their party to get to breakfast in the time that I walked down stairs, got my eggs, bacon, banana, coffee, juice, napkins and utensils and walked back up stairs with my tray.
Based on this stay I would return here again, there were no smells in the rooms or the halls. The room was neat, clean and sufficient for my use. I got a great night of sleep and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was pleasant and the two breakfast attendants were doing their best to keep up with the large volume of families in attendance for breakfast. Some kids were racing the halls, but kids are kids, it was the weekend and all hall noise was gone by 7:30-8:00 PM.

Room Tip: I slept with the air conditioning on and heard no noise during the night. There did not seem to be...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Ask for an odd numbered room to avoid highway noise. Rooms are cramped but functional and clean. Linens are breathable. Hotel needs updating but pricing is below newer places in the area.

• Stayed June 2012